Painted Toenails

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Painted Toenails

Post by MtnBiker »

talon2mech wrote:The shoes always attract attention. Especially if you polish your toenails.
I just love having painted toenails. Did mine dark purple (blackberry) last week. Saw a guy with white painted toenails yesterday -- another favorite of mine.
Ash

Post by Ash »

MtnBiker wrote:I just love having painted toenails. Did mine dark purple (blackberry) last week. Saw a guy with white painted toenails yesterday -- another favorite of mine.
I've just done my toenails for the first time this season; a sort of flowerpot red, or maybe terracotta?

Looks ok, think I'll go for a purple this weekend though. Oddly, I sometimes put some on my little fingernails only, kidding myself it's subtle approach...?

Ash
Daring to be different.
MtnBiker
Distinguished Member

Post by MtnBiker »

I can't figure out it out. The pleasure I get from it is well beyond what it would seem that it should be. And that makes it all the more fun.

Once I had mine in blue glitter. My baptist-deacon-brother-in-law came over to pick up us kids we'd be watching. After a few minutes he said "I see you have your toenails painted". I replied "yeah, I love doing that". That was the end of it.

I think it's a _much_ smaller thing in others minds than a skirt -- which itself is a very small thing.
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

Pedis are awesome I usally hit the salon for a fill and a pedi every few weeks. I always have a natural looking french manicure. I am kind of obsessed with gel nails, they look so natural and they are so strong.

The toes are always one of these colors. Gun metal grey, dark blue, purple, or green. I rarely venture into the red realm because red is not good on me. Though pinks and purples look good. I just try and keep the colors fairly "masculine" if that is possible for nail polish.
-Matt
Mysticalcatseye

Post by Mysticalcatseye »

i usually paint mine blue, white, black are normally the colors but i like to wear pink as well. never had a pedicure or manicure done but willing to try.
abburke

Post by abburke »

I used to paint my toe nails different colors mostly browns when I considered myself a crossdresser. Now that I have broken free of such ideals I usually paint my toe nails in a french pedicure style with white tips and all. I have received so many compliments (all women) about them it is unreal. They usually talk about how clean and neat they look. I have even had women tell me they wish their man would do the same because their feet are so ugly! I also sometimes paint my fingernails with french tips as well, sometimes just a nude polish. I have also tried acrylics but they did not work well with me. I want to try gels as I have heard great things about them but there is only shop here that does them. My wife made an appointment with them for me around my birthday and the guy laughed at her and asked if I was a drag queen. :mad: Needless to say I called them back and canceled the appointment citing my disapproval in the man's behavior.
I would like to someday use colors again, especially browns and blues but I nor my wife are ready I don't believe. Someday though.....

Aaron
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28 ~pray~
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

MtnBiker wrote:I just love having painted toenails. Did mine dark purple (blackberry) last week. Saw a guy with white painted toenails yesterday -- another favorite of mine.
I paint mine every now and then, usually white pearl or silver. I tried red once, but it didn't look good on me. :shake: White painted toenails, sandals, black UK, and a black t-shirt. It actually looks good!

--Rick
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

abburke wrote:I used to paint my toe nails different colors mostly browns when I considered myself a crossdresser. Now that I have broken free of such ideals I usually paint my toe nails in a french pedicure style with white tips and all. I have received so many compliments (all women) about them it is unreal. They usually talk about how clean and neat they look. I have even had women tell me they wish their man would do the same because their feet are so ugly! I also sometimes paint my fingernails with french tips as well, sometimes just a nude polish. I have also tried acrylics but they did not work well with me. I want to try gels as I have heard great things about them but there is only shop here that does them. My wife made an appointment with them for me around my birthday and the guy laughed at her and asked if I was a drag queen. :mad: Needless to say I called them back and canceled the appointment citing my disapproval in the man's behavior.
I would like to someday use colors again, especially browns and blues but I nor my wife are ready I don't believe. Someday though.....

Aaron
I am suprised. Usually a nail salon is more than willing to take your money. I am sure the people who are working on my nails are talking trash in Viatnamese, but I don't care. I would try to find a hair salon or day spa in your area that does gels. You may pay more but the quality of service is second to none.
-Matt
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

I love nail colors. On me or on someone else, it always draws my attention. I have seen more guys here in TX with their toenails painted than anywhere. My girlfriend and I went polish shopping this past weekend, and have painted every toenail a different color to help decide what color to wear this weekend. We chose a light, sheer, iridescent green. I've also decided that I will do my fingers as well. It's kind of a shame that I just trimmed my fingers down though. They were getting rather long until I broke one on my tool box at work. lol. They'll be long again in a few weeks, and I'll post pics. Why let the ladies have all the fun?

Oh, and I have had a manicure and a pedicure with polish while with my g/f and her daughter. Her daughter thought that it was so cool that I did that, and that I share experiences with her mom that most guys won't.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
abburke

Post by abburke »

Hello Satirist,

I make my way out to DFW ever so often although I haven't this year. What part of DFW do you usually see men with painted nails? I was just curious. Last time I was out there for a little education last year I painted my nails brown and went to TGIFriday's. No one even batted an eye. As a matter of fact it seemed as though I got better service! I even got a free beer!

Aaron
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28 ~pray~
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

My g/f attends a local college and I've seen two guys there. The other ones I've seen have been out of the metroplex though. I guess in the year I've been here, I've personally witnessed a dozen guys with painted toenails and two with painted fingernails. There is a guy at my work who always has his nails painted. He's a freestyler, and a couple of years ago the company made him quit wearing "obviously womens" attire. As for the inevitable question that someone "may" ask... is he gay? I don't know, I never asked. Oh, I almost forgot, I've seen a couple of convenience store clerks here in DFW with painted fingernails too. I just don't remember which stores they were at.
abburke wrote:Hello Satirist,

I make my way out to DFW ever so often although I haven't this year. What part of DFW do you usually see men with painted nails? I was just curious. Last time I was out there for a little education last year I painted my nails brown and went to TGIFriday's. No one even batted an eye. As a matter of fact it seemed as though I got better service! I even got a free beer!

Aaron

abburke

Post by abburke »

What kind of job do you have? You know just thinking about it I really don't know of many gay guys that wear women's clothes with exception to drag performers. I do know that there is a hairdresser here that wears the occasional blouse and he is gay. He is also a drag performer. Your co-worker must be a brave guy. Here in Texarkana my co-workers are constantly campaigning to get me to cut my hair off. If they freak out over a guy with long hair I don't want to think about what would happen if I showed up in a kilt and painted nails, LOL. One of these days surely these things will become commonplace. I know as an artist I enjoy the creative outlet of making myself look different and better.

Aaron
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

I'm a machinist. He works in the tips area running automatic drilling machines. We've never spoken, but we have caught each other checking out the others nails. lol His for color, mine for length. He's older too, like in his 50's. I can't wear color at work. I tried it once, but the oil I work in eats it off in a matter of hours.

earth_man

Post by earth_man »

My g/f painted my toe nails a nice shade of blue last weekend, same as hers.
Regards

Warren 2, aka Earth Man, near Manassas Va.

If women are from Venus and men are from Mars, I'm from the Earth.
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

The Satirist wrote:...We chose a light, sheer, iridescent green. I've also decided that I will do my fingers as well. It's kind of a shame that I just trimmed my fingers down though. They were getting rather long until I broke one on my tool box at work. lol. They'll be long again in a few weeks, and I'll post pics....
Here are some pics. Unfortunately, the camera doesn't do them justice. The green is a lot more flashy based on the light coming from an angle. The fingers are a sheer pink pearl with sparkles and are definitely not obvious. The pinks we bought were chosen on the basis of them being able to appear somewhat natural. I wore sandals all weekend. I did get a few, very few, double takes this weekend on my toes. No one seemed to notice my fingers at all. I did find one pic that shows the length that they were at before I trimmed them down.

Just because I wear polish doesn't mean that I consider myself a freestyler. I'm just breaking some boundaries.