Weight Loss

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

Since1982 wrote:I'm kinda happy that I have lost that 50 or so pounds with more coming off. When this picture was taken I had a 66 inch waist, now I fit comfortably in a 56 inch waist...and shooting for a 36 inch waist...~pray~ ~pray~ ~pray~ ~pray~
Hi Skip,

Karin, my g/f, is interested in knowing what you did to lose 50+ Pounds. She is looking to lose about that much weight so she will have less problems with her foot and hip, both of which she has had surgery on.

Chuck
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Satirist

Post by Since1982 »

My extreme weight loss method. First, a person has to get rid of that "hungry all the time" feeling. I did this by not eating anything classified as "food" not "drink" for 2 days. I added Crystal Light Lemonade powder to my water so at least I had "some" flavor in something. I had previously drank whole milk at least 3 times a day in 16 oz. glasses. Rather than drinking skim or low fat milk which tastes sort of like liquid cardboard I stopped drinking milk completely. No milk, sodas of any kind, in fact any liquid with additives in it except the Crystal Light lemonade powder. I also have given up any and all meat, red or otherwise. I drink self squeezed orange juice for Vitamin C, and I also take a Vitamin C pill every morning. My daily vitamin regimen consists of 1 Centrum Silver, 1 E, 1 B12-2,000 mg, 1 L-lysine, 1 Orthnine, 1 Arginine, 1 sodium gluconate, 1 Glucosamine Complex. Other daily pills I take are, Ketoprofen, Benadryl for humidity and sinus problems from living here, 2 Bayer aspirin daily for thinner blood to stave off any blocking problems endemic with my advancing age, and 4 darvocet daily depending on whether I go anywhere during my day or not. If I needn't go out, my tight skirts support my panniculus and I don't have lower back pain from the pulling because a tight skirt keeps my knees together and keeps my panniculus on top of my lap instead of falling down between my legs as happens with trousers or loose skirts. If I have to walk any distance with or without a skirt nothing stops my panniculus from flapping up and down causing stress from pulling at my lower backbone forcing me to take pain pills.

Arginine, Orthnine, and L-lysine vitamins, when used together trick the metabolism into thinking I'm a slender person instead of a hefty one and therefore doesn't work extra hard to turn every bit of food into stored fat.

My daily food regimen consists of 1 small slice of any non-white bread and a glass of Crystal Light water for breakfast with my pills, lunch consists of 1 cup of microwave popped corn with no salt, butter or anything added. I use popcorn for fiber to keep my stool from being hard all the time. Dinner consists of 1 normal sized grilled cheese sandwich made from 2 slices of dark bread spread very lightly with "I can't believe it's not butter", and a mixture of shredded cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. I use a 4 oz. measure of this mixture so I know exactly how much protein and how much carbos I take every day.

I do stretching exercises, and do 10 repetition lifts of 5 pound dumbbells twice a day. I swim in a local hotel's pool twice a week with flippers and do 3 laps of the pool twice a day.

I guess that's about all I can think of that I am doing to lose this weight. I also take one Lasix once a week to take off excess water in my ankles and lower legs.

It's a very strict diet but once you get used to it, it's not that hard to follow. The most difficult part is finding things to do during the day so I don't pick at junk food while watching TV. This is part of the reason I am online so much that some folks think I am "glued to the screen". :shake: :think: :clap: ~pray~
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

Skip, good to hear that you are doing so well.

Here is a diet idea for weight loss and good health. This will detox your body and give you unbelieveable energy.

The two days of water was a mini fast. Try a juice fast for 7-10 days. Drink juice and lots of water everyday. Ideally you should take in no more than 400 calories per day. Three days is hard, but after that it is easy. I do a 40 day fast every spring to detox the body and shed the winter weight. The first time I did it I went from 225 to 165 within the first 3 weeks, then my body stabilized. Make sure you drink different juice throughout the day, variety is good here!

Try this it will add some excitment to your diet.
Instead of...

-Milk; Try soy, almond or rice milk. Same goes for ice cream.
-Soda; Drink juice. It is loaded with vitamins and natural digestive enzymes.
-Pasta; See if you can get rice pasta. It digests faster and dosen't spike your blood sugar levels.
-Meat; Try tofu. It can be used like meat in most dishes. Chop small and fry for hamburger, throw it on the grill. It is loaded with phytoestrogens which help fight off prostate cancer.
-Wheat or white bread; Try spelt bread. Wheat is impossible to digest and it spikes your blood sugar just like a candy bar. Spelt digests easier and will not spike the blood sugar.

Eat dairy and meat in extreme moderation. Eat 5-10 serivings of fruits and vegatables everyday. Fruit and veggies (even juice) is loaded with fiber to keep you regular. Eat beans and legumes for protien and fiber evey meal.

Instead of grilled cheese try this:
-Take zucchini, peeled eggplant, red and yellow perppers, red onions and yellow suash. Brush lightly with olive oil and grill (outside or foreman grill). Take the peppers blend (in a blender) with low fat mayo to make a spread. I use pure canola vegan mayo because it is very low fat. Spread the roasted red pepper mayo on spelt bread and pile on the rest of the grilled veggies. Enjoy!
-Matt
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

Skip,

That is extreme. I sent this to Karin at work since she didn't have time to look at it here. Here is the reply she sent me.

"Wow…that’s pretty strict. I don’t think I can live on popcorn and grilled cheese sandwiches. I have a lot of respect for him being able to do this."

It must be tough to do, but I wish you success.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Talon2Mech

Post by Since1982 »

THanks, but since I'm having more success with this diet than any I've tried in the last 50 years, I'm staying with it. I would be afraid that if I changed diets I might get into eating more food than I want to. My stomach is shrinking and I want that to continue. Anytime I get the munchies, I fill up with 16 ounces of Crystal lighted water. For 16 ounces, I gain a whole 1 calorie. IIIIIIII can live with that!! :):):):):):):clap: ~pray~
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

Since1982 wrote:I had previously drank whole milk at least 3 times a day in 16 oz. glasses. Rather than drinking skim or low fat milk which tastes sort of like liquid cardboard I stopped drinking milk completely. No milk, sodas of any kind, in fact any liquid with additives in it except the Crystal Light lemonade powder
See, in schools they tell kids that milk is good for them...

Really though, one glass of milk has 200 calories, 10 grams of sugar (or more), and quite a lot of fat and cholesterol. It does have some protein and other nutrients, but none that aren't available in other places. Sugary sodas are awful too.

Most people actually get a lot more sugar than they should, which I think is one of the big reasons obesity is on the rise. Some sugar is fine, sure, but at the rate I've noticed a lot of people at the office I work at consume it, it's no wonder some of them are struggling with their waistlines
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Sugar

Post by Since1982 »

I've even stopped using sugar filled Ketchup as a condiment. I was a Ketchupaholic most of my life. Here's a funny ketchup story from my youth. I'd been out free diving all day and on my way home after the fish house and selling my days take of Florida Lobsters, I stopped at my favorite Toddle House for a burger and hash browns, now I, when eating a burger, held the ketchup bottle in one hand, the burger in the other hand and put a glob of it on the burger for each bite instead of putting it in the burger where it could squeeze out when I bit it and make a mess. I did pour a lot of it on the hash browns and I usually used about a third of a bottle of Heinz ketchup on the burger and hash browns. This particular day I was overly hungry since I'd not eaten any breakfast before going diving and ordered a slice of Georgia pecan pie for dessert. The cook himself brought it out with a glop of whipped cream on top and just to see what looks I'd get, I pulled the pie over to me and reached for the ketchup.....Everyone in the restaurant leaned my way to see if I was really going to put ketchup on pecan pie.

I lifted the ketchup, which the lid was still off of and started to move it right up to the pie, people were getting out of their booths and seats to get a closer look and I just moved the ketchup OVER the pie, put the lid on and put it on the counter. Nearly the entire room breathed a huge sigh of relief as I said to the room in general.....JUST KIDDING!!! heh...Since I went to that same Toddle House every day after diving I knew all the regular patrons and they all knew how much ketchup I used. But I've now given ketchup up along with the burgers and hash browns and lots of other fattening foods I used to eat without thinking about it at all. ~pray~ ~pray~ ~pray~ :wall:

Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Foppy wrote:"... Most people actually get a lot more sugar than they should, which I think is one of the big reasons obesity is on the rise."
Definitely agree with you there. It's amazing how many people get the largest size soda in fast food restaurants. At the self serve soda machines, just because they give you a large cup, doesn't mean you have to fill it up all the way.

This reminds of a conversation we had a couple of weeks ago when we were on a cruise ship to Vancouver, British Columbia. We were having dinner with some people from Vancouver and we noticed that the portions served on the cruise were much smaller than here in the US. We asked them if most of the restaurants in Vancouver have large servings. They said most of the portions served are smaller than in the United States. Which, to me, is a no-brainer as to one reason why obesity is on the rise in this country. I think the restaurants believe they're giving you a better value for your $$$. In the long run, you're paying much more...

--Rick