Help with Tartans needed

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Richardunion

Help with Tartans needed

Post by Richardunion »

Hi All

I have been informed that the list below is the top ten best selling Tartans.

I am getting many e-mails saying don’t copy everyone else do different tartans
Well not knowing anything about the Tartans I thought I would ask for your help here guys.

Please look at the list let me know if they are OK and add any others you think we should stock, copy and paste into any replies you make so i can see the total amount of tartans I should be thinking about.

1. ROYAL STEWART, 2. BLACK WATCH, 3.
MACKENZIE, 4. GORDEN, 5. BLACK STEWART, 6. DRESS GORDEN, 7. DOUGLES, 8.
CAMBELL, 9. JET BLACK, 10. McDONLD.

What say all?

Regards

Richard

UnionKilts Ltd
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Personally

Post by Since1982 »

If I was to wear a Tartan Kilt at all, which I don't, I'd wear a Hunting Fraser Tartan. A very nice combination of blue, red and white. Mainly blue, red squares and white lines. I've considered sewing a cotton skirt with Fraser tartan colors. I've not found any source for them yet though. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

My kilt is a Ross modern hunting tartan, nice green without being too vivid. I think for a green tartan it is one of the nicest out there.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

The Armstrong modern tartan is a nice one. Mainly green with blue stripes and a thin red stripe that goes through the sett. The photo shown is a bit washed out. The kilt is actually a bottle green, instead of a light green and is shown in the avatar I use for both IMFF and X Marks...

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Wearing a kilt makes a statement and a bright kilt makes a very loud statement, so I must admit to being a fan of dark colours. I already own three all black kilts; a Dark Island and the Black Watch which I recently bought from your company Richard. All are worn regularly. Yet I have a good quality kilt in my family tartan, Cunningham, which is a garish red, with white and black pattern which I would only wear for a special night out two or three times a year, and not for everyday wear.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/