lastest fashion news for men

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
johnny

lastest fashion news for men

Post by johnny »

While looking thru todays TV times, on the ITV 1 channel, at 10.30 am there was on "This Morning" programme an item called "lastest fashion news for men", this on UK tv, did anyone here see it, and if so, what did refer to?
johnny.
johnny
iain
Member Extraordinaire

Post by iain »

I didn't see it, but may I predict these astounding news flashes:

- trousers may have an extra pocket in the spring
- ties may be worn loosely in some parts of south wales
- t-shirts may be untucked at some places of work in devon
- deck shoes now have an extra row of stitching around the heel
- for the daring, Doc Martens now come in an extra shade of muddy brown

there may well be more revelations, but I must stop how lest my heart fail from the excitement
The only thing man cannot endure is meaninglessness.
johnny

latest fashion for men

Post by johnny »

Dear iain, Great, I like it, but I live in hope!! I saw the programme write up when it was too late to catch it.
johnny.
johnny
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

and there was me hoping a doublet and hose would be in for a revival!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
johnny

Post by johnny »

I was hopeing for good news, but will have to wait a little longer me thinks
johnny
deebee

Post by deebee »

I remember reading an article last year that said that men should wear suits and plain ties because it was the best way of hiding their body shape.

Marvelous. :rolleyes: Presumably the "fashion writer" was paid for these pearls of wisdom.

David.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

deebee wrote:I remember reading an article last year that said that men should wear suits and plain ties because it was the best way of hiding their body shape.

Marvelous. :rolleyes: Presumably the "fashion writer" was paid for these pearls of wisdom.

David.
If a person wanted to hide his body shape well I would have thought a jellybaby (erm- muslim female garb type thingy) would do a good job. I hide my body shape in mounds of fat. Not sure if that's quite what the fashion writer had in mind!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

deebee wrote:I remember reading an article last year that said that men should wear suits and plain ties because it was the best way of hiding their body shape.

David.

Wow! That is brilliant, uo there with E=MC2...

I wish male fashion would do something revolutionary. The only way that dudes will wear anything is if every other dude is wearing the same thing. Male fashion is about as exciting as oatmeal. What say we (all members of Toms) go out and start our own fashion company...
-Matt
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Good idea

Post by Since1982 »

First, we all have to move to the same continent, then the same area, then the same city, then the same borough, then we all have to learn to drive on the correct side of the street, and thennnnnnn we can all donate 75% of our net worth to the association and then we can open a fashion company, IF we can all just get along.. :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

Since1982 wrote:First, we all have to move to the same continent, then the same area, then the same city, then the same borough, then we all have to learn to drive on the correct side of the street, and thennnnnnn we can all donate 75% of our net worth to the association and then we can open a fashion company, IF we can all just get along.. :)
Sounds good to me...
-Matt
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Since1982 wrote:First, we all have to move to the same continent, then the same area, then the same city, then the same borough, then we all have to learn to drive on the correct side of the street, and thennnnnnn we can all donate 75% of our net worth to the association and then we can open a fashion company, IF we can all just get along.. :)
I did wonder once if it would be possible ot get all the skirt / kilt makers, such as Midas Clothing, Union kilts, Utilikilts, Cityskirts etc under one umbrella organisation and hit the fashion weeks that are held around the globe. We'd send men in skirts down the cat walks, instead of skinny birds in frocks :D

If I won a lot of money on the lottery I'd consider it ...

Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Ooooookkkkkk

Post by Since1982 »

Ok, Which continent do we all start with??? UK, USA or EU? :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

Charlie wrote:I did wonder once if it would be possible ot get all the skirt / kilt makers, such as Midas Clothing, Union kilts, Utilikilts, Cityskirts etc under one umbrella organisation and hit the fashion weeks that are held around the globe. We'd send men in skirts down the cat walks, instead of skinny birds in frocks
I volunteer for model duty. That sounds like a great idea! All they need to do is a smaller fashion show, but one that gets reasonable amount of attention.
-Matt