women=men?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

iain wrote:but, look--if you're facing a group of men and women at some casual event and you wish to alert them all to the possibility of missing an imminently departing form of transport lest they do not hurry along, wouldn't it be better to say "c'mon guys! we're gonna miss the train!!"....
Nah! There's plenty of (non-gender specific) words for such occasions - mob, gang, group, even 'bunch o' w*nkers' (as I have heard, I'm sorry to say!)! Besides, my 'other half' would consider it belittling (nay, offensive, even) & berate me (if not beat me!) for lowering my/our standards! :no:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

merlin wrote:Nah! There's plenty of (non-gender specific) words for such occasions - mob, gang, group, even 'bunch o' w*nkers' (as I have heard, I'm sorry to say!)! Besides, my 'other half' would consider it belittling (nay, offensive, even) & berate me (if not beat me!) for lowering my/our standards! :no:
Hmmm. Lets consider that. mob = Italian gangsters, gang = Hispanic/black/white/asian/indian/polynesian (in whatever order fits anyones particular ideas) gangsters, group = The religious right, bunch o' w*nkers = we won't go there. "Youse" sounds like something I once heard a small boy in Brooklyn say as a filled hearse rolled by with the curtains closed...LOOK, Youse guys, Coitans!!

How about "Hey you PEOPLE, The train is leaving, if you don't want to miss it, ya better hurry!!!" After all, whether we are part of a mob,gang, group,bunch o' w*nkers, men in skirts, women in trousers or children in either skirts or trousers, we are all still just people...trying to get through as much of this life as our various lifestyles will let us have. :)

This is my opinion, I hope no one feels offended by anything, no offense was intended for anyone. Just pointing out all our sameness and our individuality :)

Opinions are like noses, everyone has one. Even Michael Jackson :)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
G.Shaw

Post by G.Shaw »

"Folks" Works for me.
Foppy

Post by Foppy »

How about "Hey you PEOPLE, The train is leaving, if you don't want to miss it, ya better hurry!!!" After all, whether we are part of a mob,gang, group,bunch o' w*nkers, men in skirts, women in trousers or children in either skirts or trousers, we are all still just people...trying to get through as much of this life as our various lifestyles will let us have.
I tried that once, years ago with a bunch of irate strangers who were just looking for something to complain about. They immediately huffed at being referred to as (you) "people". Maybe they'd rather I called them (use your imagination) :rotfl:
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

People

Post by Since1982 »

You can please all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, and most of the people none of the time, so you just have to do the best you can with what you have. In here, no one seems to be able to please any of the people most of the time, but we keep trying and trying and trying and trying....ad infinitum, ad nauseum...................................:rotfl:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I know, how about "The trains going!" short, to the point, and if they ignore it they deserve to walk.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
shropshire steve

Puzzled Again

Post by shropshire steve »

Jock wrote:Tae me this is just one more instance of society where men and women are not just equal (which is fair enough) but ARE THE SAME!! (feminist logic)
However, as we see a lot, it's a one way street. Men are actively discouraged from venturing into what is considered a woman's domain (skirts, makeup, consoling distressed childen in the street, etc.). Women are encouraged to dress, act, and be men.
I think your comments here hit upon a fundamental dichotomy at the heart of how our society works, or tries to work, in the 21st century. In the work place we strive for equality or at least we are all supposed to try and do so. And yet there lurks the question that dare not speak its name in polite society, are we actually all the same? Should we expect that equal opportunities should necessarily lead to men and women being represented equally in all walks of life? I am a bit too old to know about this sort of thing but in social activities is it still the man who is supposed to take the initiative and chat up the girl? If so we have a society in which Women can be managers and bosses in the workplace but expect to be wooed by men in social situations. Does this all add up or, as my old friend Dr Spock would say, is it logical?
I am not saying that any of this is necessarily right or wrong, it is just that to me if does not all seem to add up. In which case, no wonder our society is so confused.
Regards Steve
shropshire steve
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Well said

Post by skirts4me »

Here here, Steve

Men can't win because we're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.
Shalom
Steven
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Damned

Post by Since1982 »

We're not always damned. Yesterday I watched the womens final of the Nasdac - 100 Tennis tournament and it was touted up as the first ever Tennis tournament with "Equal" pay for both the top man player and the top woman player. Seems men have been getting much higher pay for the same jobs as women for a very long time and some of that is just starting in the 21st century to change. Also, in the 21st century are we men who want to wear skirts beginning to get some recognition of our rights to do so, as ChrisM noticed sitting skirted on a plane in the seat right next to a Christian Missionary who never mentioned Deuteronomy once. :dance: