Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair, Hairrrrrr

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Hair, Hair, Hair, Hair, Hairrrrrr

Post by Jim »

I keep cutting my own hair once a year as I have done for the last 30 years or so. Think I skipped a year once.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Virus modifications to my normal "do"? Not for this old bloke. Mine remains "terminal length" where it just hovers a little bit above my waistline. I am thinning out, but I've been expecting that for decades. At least the ponytail hasn't gone white from stress the way my beard did.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I have inherited my mother's hair, thick and wavy.

At the beginning of January, it will be 3 years since I've had a haircut, and it's now long enough to reach the middle of my shoulder blades.
I have been trying to iron it straight, and tie it back so it keeps it more tidy otherwise it goes a bit wild being wavy.

There's a few greys, but only a few.

My driver's licence etc photo shows me with hair about 3 or 4mm long.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

No changes here. Last barber/salon visit for a cut was almost 11 years ago. I do trim off about two inches or so every year or so to get rid of split ends that may've formed but, other than that, only hair trimming/removal, etc, is done to my face (trims), and to my body, except for lower arms and the unmentionables.

Last edited by Kilted_John on Sun Dec 13, 2020 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

A Covid bonus for me. It is certainly more than a year since my last visit to a barber.
At the moment my beard is the only visible bit that gets modified and that is a 10 minute task once a month or so.
I may never have a haircut again. That will only be my decision.
Like my skirts or dresses, I don't see that it has any importance or implications for anyone else.
I'd also like to think that the originator of this thread would heartily approve of this sentiment,
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Seeing as how the top of my head is thinning considerably anyway, I had actually stopped visiting the barber over a year ago... around this time last year I purchased a new set of clippers, and proceed to buzz it about once every other week. And I buzz itself using two mirrors...

It gives me a good, fresh, clean and consistent look that I've come to appreciate. If it thins much more I'm going to start shaving it...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My daughter uses a lawn mower ( trimmer ) whenever my hair starts to look untidy. Neither MOH or I have been to a barber/hairdresser for years.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

This is a year and a half of hair growth for me. No plans of ever cutting again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Who the heck could have imagined and epidemic causing a resurgence in the look of long luxurious locks on guys? I wonder if the gals are experiencing the same thing.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

I never realized how naturally curly my hair is. I was pleasantly surprised!
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Freedomforall wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:26 am This is a year and a half of hair growth for me. No plans of ever cutting again.
That's all the hair that grew on your chin in a year and a half? Slow-growing, but it will get better in a couple years.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Jim wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:27 am
Freedomforall wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:26 am This is a year and a half of hair growth for me. No plans of ever cutting again.
That's all the hair that grew on your chin in a year and a half? Slow-growing, but it will get better in a couple years.
The hair in my chin has been growing a week. It is the hair on my head that has been sprouting for over a year
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

I have a trimmer that I use to keep both the hair on my head and my beard trimmed short. Been doing it myself (with help if someone is around, second mirror otherwise) for a decade or so. No lockdown change for me.

I tried growing it out a few years back, but I gave up before it got to a length I could pull back. I don't really have any curls to my hair, so it just got in my face for the most part. I would have had to get it probably twice as long as I've ever had it to really just pull it back out of the way in a pony tail, which was kind of what I was hoping to get to. But my patience wore out, and I cut it.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:30 am

Seeing as how the top of my head is thinning considerably anyway, I had actually stopped visiting the barber over a year ago...
And all you other guys who have still 'got it together' -- you are suffering the same conformity constrictions as pants!

When I worked for a proper British outfit for couple years in my mid 20's the dictate was shirt, tie, jacket, clean-shaven, nary a word more harsh than bloody in the shop; and I battled Vancouver City traffic -- but got the reward of my life when they laid me off. I told my other half, no more ties, shaving, or commuting in city traffic for me. 8) Sadly I'd not yet found skirts--but we chased life-style and adventure instead of career; lousy for the pocketbook but great for the soul. The pate granted me barber-freedom by age 30, I'm just glad the ladies don't have the same testosterone levels! Covid may do more for fashion freedom than just masks -- a whole new Hippie Look era! :cheese: