Any Radio Hams in this Forum?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Richardunion

Any Radio Hams in this Forum?

Post by Richardunion »

Hi Guys

any radio hams here?

Richard
UnionKilts Ltd
MW3WSD
Miket

Post by Miket »

Yes Richard,

G4ILM

Are you looking for a link between Ham Radio and skirt/kilt wearing?

Mike
Ingy

Post by Ingy »

Hi Richard et al,

I'm also on Ham, since 1982, but only active on 2m & 70cm most of time!!! :doh:

Many years ago I was almost 'disowned' by my local radio club because I had a red streak in my hair....... Wonder how they would have reacted if I turned up in a kilt/Skirt????? :badlaugh:
Keep 'em Swinging! :dance:

Ingy
Topsy

Post by Topsy »

Yes

G1PJJ
Topsy

Mostly Harmless
Richardunion

Post by Richardunion »

Originally posted by Ingy
Hi Richard et al,

I'm also on Ham, since 1982, but only active on 2m & 70cm most of time!!! :doh:

Many years ago I was almost 'disowned' by my local radio club because I had a red streak in my hair....... Wonder how they would have reacted if I turned up in a kilt/Skirt????? :badlaugh:

Was the red streak in your hair to do with other bands:-) ?::naughty:

Well i was just interested to see how many there was here, and to my suprise there are a few of us here, have been a modest mw3 now for nearly 3 years, dont have the time to sit the correct licence too busy with work, take a look at http://www.mw3wsd.co.uk
you will see me there and the antenna, using an ft1000mp with a 2 ely hybrid quad and 10 watts Lol, done a lot of expeditions and dx in the past but on other bands now in the main on HF.

Oliver the other partner in UnionKilts is mw3sdo he lives next door to me so we share the same station.

for me 2mtr and 70cm i dont like it, i am a dx and iota hunter.

anyway nice to chat, you are 5/9 here :-)

73 for now

Richard
UnionKilts Ltd
MW3WSD
Steven W

Post by Steven W »

I'm a Ham radio operator too...Tech plus here. callsign KB4WN. I've been a Ham operator since I was 12. My Father and I got our tickets together. I'm still one of the younges in the radio club here. I've begun to worry about the hobby myself. It doesn't seem like there's a lot of my generation and earlier that are interested in what I've found is a very fun and interesting hobby. I usually hang out on 2M and 70cm, but also spend some time on 10 and 20 meter HF bands talking and CW'ing with my old FT101 rig!
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

KA7OIZ here... licensed since around '82 [can't remember for sure]. Relatively inactive but when the mood hits me, I'm on 2m and 440. :)

--Rick
jolt_34500

Post by jolt_34500 »

I am a licensed ham radio operator as well. Currently forced inactive because of ice storms and a metal roof. lol. Actually been trying get back on the air for a while now. Licensed since 1989.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Huh

Post by Since1982 »

quote: I'm also on Ham, since 1982, but only active on 2m & 70cm most of time!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

huh?
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Ingy

EchoLink

Post by Ingy »

Hi Folks!

There are a few of us who are on Ham here, or so it would appear! :clap:

Do any of you guys use EchoLink..... I've tried it, but it's not real radio to me, even if you link to a repeater!.... I'm just thinking maybe some of you guy might like to link up and talk Kilts sometime? :think:

I've done a bit on HF, but my location here is not really suited!..... I'll be moving in about 12 months, so looking for a better location!..... Maybe I'll get set up on HF then?

Anyone else a Radio Ham?
Keep 'em Swinging! :dance:

Ingy
Pleats

Post by Pleats »

I have used EchoLink, but like you say, it does not feel like real radio. It has its place in the over all scheme of things I guess. Echolink, and the other variations of radio to internet connectivity, do provide alternatives to linking repeaters and remote control.
earth_man

Post by earth_man »

I'm an Extra. I need to string up some antennae including a G5RV. Then I need to get some tower sections and get that up. I have a great location with no restrictions, except for the county.
Regards

Warren 2, aka Earth Man, near Manassas Va.

If women are from Venus and men are from Mars, I'm from the Earth.
nitrox

Post by nitrox »

To add to this, I'm an operatour with a Tech class, and I've never actually used the thing, my radio sucked, and so did my antenna, and nomatter how much amplification I used, I got NOWHERE.
Kevin in WI

Skirt wearing Hams

Post by Kevin in WI »

Hi Richard! This topic has come up a few times before at the Cafe. See the threads:

http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showthre ... eadid=3740

http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showthre ... eadid=5406

http://www.tomscafe.org/forums/showthre ... eadid=6804

Looking back, I counted 20 people here who have admited to having a Ham Radio license. ( Including Dale Miller, who hasn't posted here about being a Ham, but is, according to his website: http://www.skirtman.org/gallery.html )

I don't know if that's more than would be expected statisticaly for the general population (or computer users), but it seems high.

73, kevin (also a Ham)
-kevin.

Don't blame me. Like _most_ people, I voted for Gore.
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

KD7PTG here. Just relocated from Seattle, WA to Walla Walla, WA

Bill