Any Radio Hams in this Forum?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Hippie

Post by Hippie »

Hi,

KD7DCN here

I have been a ham for almost 8 years, I usually hang out on 2 and 6m, sometimes 70cm. I havent been to this forum in a while, been real busy, no internet for 3 months! I just moved into my own place.... what a maintanance NIGHTMARE! Its a really old mobile home, but im glad to be out of that awful apartment! Im out in the country so I have some privacy for a change. I love the fact that I crank my stereo up and NOBODY bitches!!!! LOL! I too have EchoLink on my compy, IMHO, I think echolink sux, it isnt real radio, and it crashes my compy every time I try to use it. :mad: Stinking WinBLOWS! lol.

I wonder if the linux version of echolink(called EchoLINUX) is any better? Has any1 tried it? I do have linux on my computer.

Y'all have a great day! :dance: :D
Those who give up LIBERTY for security DESERVE NEITHER! :naughty: :shake:

FIGHT FOR YOUR RITES AND LIBERTY!!! :ninjajig:
johnny

Post by johnny »

I also a ham, and have held licence since 1954. My call sign is GM3KAK, retired but not very active at the moment. Johnny
johnny
Crose

Another Ham

Post by Crose »

Yup...since 1959! Yes, my long hair and scrunchies make me "one of a kind" at my local ham club, but only elicited one comment so far.
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted Musician »

Crose wrote:"... Yes, my long hair and scrunchies make me "one of a kind" at my local ham club, but only elicited one comment so far."
I've been a ham since around '82 [can't remember exactly]. Relatively inactive but getting back into it. Maybe I should go to one of the local ham club meetings in my kilt and long hair. From what I've seen at a Field Day a few years ago, I'd probably fit right in!

--Rick, KA7OIZ
Richardunion

Post by Richardunion »

Hi All

Seems there are a lot of 2mtr 70cm guys, Sorry i dont like them , i am a HF man like the DX.
Also i still play on 11mtr ssb now and then :-) please don't shoot me, however i do very much like the HF.
Using at this time, FT1000MP with Heil Goldline Mic, 2 Elelment Hybrid Quad and G5RV you can look at mw3wsd.co.uk, you will find my old set up there was an icom ic746.

Any how regards all

Catch you all on 20mtr all being well.

Richard
MW3WSD
Dasani

Post by Dasani »

I am also a ham radio operator. Have had my license for 10 years now, and just recently finally upgraded to General so I could get on HF.
Ingy

Post by Ingy »

Hi Folks,

A bit late in the day, but realised I didn't include my callsign anywhere!

I'm G6ING anyhow!..... N. Staffs

Very rarely on air these days as I'm quite busy with lifes problems!..... Only operate portable - and that's usually 2m or 70cm..... very odd times on 6m (but there is little activity around here, even via the repeater!)

73's all
Keep 'em Swinging! :dance:

Ingy
kingfish
Member Extraordinaire

Post by kingfish »

Nine years a no code tech; N1ZFG.

And I, too, need to get myself back on the air. In my bag no more than 12" from my left foot lies my Yaesu FT-50RD with two batteries that have surely discharged themselves by now. No excuses, time is what you make of it, and I really should make the time to copy the Waltham 146.64 machine.

John.
abburke

Post by abburke »

My dad is a ham operator and tried for a while to get me to do so as well without success :( I never really got much further than leaning morse code and playing on CB radios. Maybe I should have got the license so I could talk to you guys, LOL.

Aaron
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." - Galatians 3:28 ~pray~