When not in a skirt

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

When not in a skirt

Post by Barleymower »

When not in a skirt ... I'm building a new kitchen
Screenshot_20230331_194724_Facebook.jpg
Although I have done a few days work on it while wearing one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: When not in a skirt

Post by STEVIE »

"Bar" the builder, he can fix it!
Steve.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great stuff, BM and I can see straight away where the kiln is going to incinerate all the bodies. Ye' run outa space awful quick if ye chop 'em up an' just stick 'em in the freezer. Better to vaporise 'em, I say.

Me, I built one in Oak and Eucalyptus way back in '79 and sold the lot on with the house in '85. After three years the guy then threw it out and installed an all pink kitchen....in a Tudor house, I ask you. Fortunately they had stored it all in an outhouse and they invited us to take it all away for free.
In 2004 our new current shack was at last ready to take it all and there it stands to this day. It'll easily outlast us. Just to make the place look lived in I would throw a used copy of 'Horse & Hound' onto the table.....

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:32 am Me, I built one in Oak and Eucalyptus way back in '79 and sold the lot on with the house in '85. After three years the guy then threw it out and installed an all pink kitchen....in a Tudor house, I ask you. Fortunately they had stored it all in an outhouse and they invited us to take it all away for free.
In 2004 our new current shack was at last ready to take it all and there it stands to this day. It'll easily outlast us. Just to make the place look lived in I would throw a used copy of 'Horse & Hound' onto the table.....
I will never understand the trend of ripping out solidly built oak/etc... cabinets - made with quality - and replacing them with stark white melamine/chipboard cabinets. New builds? Whatever... but a lot of work/effort went into those cabinets, even if company manufactured. At lease let people take them for free.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

I'm pleased with how it's turned out and after 20 years of DIY I'm getting the hang of it. You barely get solid wood kitchens in the UK it's all chip board or mdf. I expect because it does not warp. Its cheap though and does not stop them charging a fortune. You won't see much change out £8k for a kitchen. My self build was £4k with oven and fridge/freezer.
My wife said I've been watching go up and down the steps in that skirt all day and there's not wrong in it.