Nervous Young Lady

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Nervous Young Lady

Post by Stu »

I was watching a TV show the other night and saw a rather nervous young lady playing her recorder in front of an audience. I have to say I was impressed by her technical skills. I wondered if others shared my view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v80J4xILlxs
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nervous Young Lady

Post by john62 »

The artist plays the recorder beautifully, modern music just does not come close to the older music in its harmony and beauty.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Nervous Young Lady

Post by Kirbstone »

Fabulous. Just take a look at the selection of baroque instruments !..Fortunately here we have a 'resident' baroque ensemble and the Nat Concert Hall have a brand new (2019) twin-manual harpsichord. There is a chamber in the complex which seats just 80 punters, which is just right for such music. I'm a totally sold-out fan of such music and attend as many events as possible.

That girl was far from nervous and delivered a bravura performance which the Musical Monk (Vivaldi) would be delighted with. OK, every performer, professional or otherwise experiences 'nerves' prior to each performance, but in the heel of the hunt it sharpens the performer's immersion in the music.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !