Happy 90th Birthday John Williams

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Happy 90th Birthday John Williams

Post by Uncle Al »

:hb:

John Williams Conducts "Imperial March" at 90 Years Old | National Symphony Orchestra
John Williams composed all of the music for the Star Wars films.

:hb:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Happy 90th Birthday John Williams

Post by crfriend »

Uncle Al wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:07 pmJohn Williams composed all of the music for the Star Wars films.
Not to mention many of Steven Spielber's pictures including, but not limited to, Jaws, the entire Indiana Jones franchise, many, many other films, and, of course the massive partnership with George Lucas on Star Wars. This guy is a living legend, a master of his craft, and simply to have so much wonderful music created by that mind is awe-inspiring.

I still recall being elated in the late 1970s when he accepted the conductorship of the Boston Pops. I was over the moon with that, and my then-girlfriend could not for the life of her understand why. (But then again, she was heavily into the Bay City Rollers at the time.) A truly brilliant man.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Happy 90th Birthday John Williams

Post by Grok »

The second helicopter used in the film was the Augusta A-109A.

Hawaii substituted for a fictional island. In the sequence in which our characters fly out to the island, the fabulous island scenery demanded a beautiful aircraft.