Coffee Lovers

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Coffee Lovers

Post by rivegauche »

I am Scottish and haven't drunk tea for about 50 years. I own a serious coffee machine that grinds the beans first. I buy beans that cost at least double the price you would at in a supermarket but they taste infinitely better. I have been to Bewleys in Dublin but can't recall the quality of the brew. In any case I prefer a different Irish brew. Guiness in Ireland just tastes better than it does anywhere else but Caffreys is even better but I can't remember the last time I saw it on sale - even in Ireland. I once got dragged into Starbucks by a friend who was impatient for a coffee. I wouldn't even call that pitifully weak concoction coffee.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:59 am I'm amused at Denimini talking about his beverage preferences when the temp. is over 40 degrees Centipede.
Plenty of iced coffee this week.
weather16jan2023.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Back to UA's picture in the snow; and Deni's 40C brew; I recall pictures of the terror on the tourist face in Yellowknife when the guide tossed the coffee in the air at -40C :shock: (yes, that is 'minus'40C) & the steam of our fresh poured brew freezing on the rim as the aroma rafted up!

Anthony, try an Aero-press -- compact, convenient, quick -- closest you'll get to hand-pressed espresso, done with after-market screen filters--nothing to recycle save the grounds and what's in your kidney!