Coffee Lovers

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Coffee Lovers

Post by Uncle Al »

Since this is Skirt Cafe', and Cafe' usually means coffee or other beverages
are being served, some people will go to any length, conquer any obstacle,
to get their beverage of choice :!:
Coffee lover in winter JPG 2023-01-30.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Coffee Lovers

Post by Ozdelights »

Iced Coffee?
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Coffee..... It's the oil that keeps my wheels turning...
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

You could fit my knowledge of coffee (proper coffee) on the back of a postage stamp and still have enough room to write my name . I do occasionally have instant of course but limit it these days along with brewed tea given my OAB issues and how one cup then requires me to visit the throne 2-3 times soon after ..That said plenty of people I know are really into their coffee and even in my little town of about 900 people we have three good coffee shops that also sell quality coffee beans etc and serve as well .. Australia in general apparently have a great coffee culture ..
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This 'coffee culture' seems to have exploded in recent years, with the building of outlets everywhere, many of them drive-through.

From my boyhood I remember just one famous coffee house called Bewleys on Grafton St. in Dublin and the aroma of freshly roasting coffee beans would hit you out on the street, drawing patrons in from quite a distance. These were greeted with large visible bean grading machines just inside the door and the venue was a favoured meeting place for nearly a Century. Thankfully the place has re-opened following a three-year long refurb.

As to the rash of newly built Costas and Starbucks et Al, I personally have no use for them whatsoever.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Any instant any day. Coffee sophistication is not my thing. We hate strong coffee and are known one shot lovers. Tea is not our thing either although herbal teas are liked.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

To me, coffee has always been a "drugs delivery mechanism" designed to get caffeine into me in the morning. I have my preferences in brews, but they're all pretty basic as they serve an "engineering goal" not an aesthetic one.

Thus, I keep enough on hand that I won't run out, and keep sufficient filters around that I don't have to reuse. I've contemplated an old-school percolator, but haven't found one that suits my fancy. And the brewing method is not "mission-critical" in any event. The used grounds get scattered into either the flower garden or under the big rhododendron next to my apartment, the filters at the moment get tossed (although could be burnt), and the rest rinsed out every so-many weeks, Basic.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:58 pm ... The used grounds get scattered into either the flower garden or under the big rhododendron next to my apartment,
You can impress people by telling them that you go for a stroll around the grounds every evening.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:43 pm Tea is not our thing either although herbal teas are liked.
WHAT! Wait a minute here a Brit that does not like tea? What is the world coming too! I know a few old Brits and they can not get past 4PM without tea and biscuits. It would be a sacrilege to do so and they always have a kettle on to offer tea to visitors.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, I have never liked tea. The tang of the tannin grates on my palette. I have never claimed to be "normal". In fact I am proud of being Abby Normal. Interestingly, my wife doesn't drink tea either.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:29 pm Fred, I have never liked tea. The tang of the tannin grates on my palette. I have never claimed to be "normal". In fact I am proud of being Abby Normal. Interestingly, my wife doesn't drink tea either.
That's like Me I do not drink hot coffee but I love iced coffee and coffee flavored things such as candy, cakes and Mocha. Hot coffee tastes bitter and harsh in my mouth, but iced coffee does not. Go figure!!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I usually start the day with a double shot cafe latte and the rest of the day I will have a nice cup of tea, made in a billy.
When the weather is over 40C I will make an extra double shot espresso and put in the fridge for a nice big iced coffee later, instead of hot tea.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I'm amused at Denimini talking about his beverage preferences when the temp. is over 40 degrees Centipede.

Up here at latitude 53-0dd North, our annual days when we have over 40 degrees amount to precisely Zero. At my place of work my colleagues and staff appear to be at least partially coffee addicts and have invested in complicated machinery for the production of same.

Me, I avoid all that and just toss a few instant grains into a mug, pour hot water and some milk in, stir and drink without sweetners. You see, I'm sweet enough just as I am :bom:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Ozdelights
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ozdelights »

I'm with Denimini, 39deg C here and I'm about to have my second coffee today. I'm simple though so good instant, but I do need sweetening. I doo start the day with unsweetened tea.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

For all of you really big coffee lovers here is the cats meow!!
its only wednesday.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.