Facial Hair

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Hendy

Facial Hair

Post by Hendy »

Has anyone found an effective way of permenately removing facial hair. I have had numerous sessions of laser treatment and I've used IPL machines but neither were particularly effective.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Facial Hair Removal

Post by shadowfax »

Hendy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:35 pm Has anyone found an effective way of permanently removing facial hair. I have had numerous sessions of laser treatment and I've used IPL machines but neither were particularly effective.
Seems like Electrolysis Hair Removal should permanently remove facial hair.
https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beau ... r-removal/

Not tried it myself though.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Facial Hair

Post by r.m.anderson »

Strange it would seem that the laser removal over time would do the trick.
As I understand hair does not grow uniformly in time so multiple return
applications are necessary for the laser to work.
The color of the beard may be playing a part here.
Lasers like to lock in and have their work absorbed and not so much
being reflected misdirected - so dark colors would fit this best -
lighter colors (white gray and shades in between) not as well.
With that in mind - age may be a factor here.
With facial hair being removed in and near the eyes real care must
be taken.
Electrolysis is an expensive time consuming way to remove each and
every hair - but even that too may have mixed results.
Removing pulling yanking hair out of it's root socket does not solve
the problem - it is getting at the very bottom of the root removing
all the growth material that electrolysis kills and works best.
The problem may be that the laser is not penetrating far enough into
the tissue to do that same root destroying work.

These laser sessions done in professional setting clinic ?
Or done with a home application method - the equipment not
being quite up to the task. As commented multiple return trips
applications are necessary and not limited to just 3-4-5.
Hair grows in stages and is easier to kill off in late adult life
as long as that is not the gray hair senior state.

Chemical applications only treat the surface issue and are
frequently a source of burns and reactions.

Short of having a plastic surgery overlay hair removal will be on going !
Facial hair is one "tough ombre" !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Facial Hair Removal

Post by pelmut »

shadowfax wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:09 pm Seems like Electrolysis Hair Removal should permanently remove facial hair.
It is generally accepted amongst the transgender groups that electrolysis is the only way to remove facial hair permanently.  It is expensive, there is a risk of scarring and it is extremely painful, sometimes requiring anæsthetic, so choose your operator with care.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

This seems to be more of a male-to-female trans issue than having anything to do with men in skirts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Jim wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:17 am This seems to be more of a male-to-female trans issue than having anything to do with men in skirts.
To be fair Jim it is "off topic".
Besides, one of the reasons I grew a beard was that I hated shaving and had nothing to do with my skirts.
If wearing a skirt isn't an indicator of being transgendered then neither is a guy choosing permanent hair removal.
Surely, it is just another aspect of being free to decide without fear of prejudice and disapproval.
Hendy wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 1:35 pm Has anyone found an effective way of permenately removing facial hair. I have had numerous sessions of laser treatment and I've used IPL machines but neither were particularly effective.
Hi Hendy, welcome to the Cafe. Sorry I can't answer your question, I have a beard and it is not going away anytime soon. One thing you will meet here is a wide cross section of opinion. Just take it in context, argue or simply grow a thick skin and ignore it.
Certainly works for me and I have been here awhile.

Steve.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

One thing having a FULL beard makes it real easy to pluck out each of the individual hairs - - -
BUT OH OUCH !
Oh everything is oh so tender - plenty of pain and little gain.
And as fast as you pluck out each hair the Chinese population grows incrementally faster.
Since the plucking does not remove the source (the root) - the Terminator - "I'll be back!".
It is a sort of no win situation.
You manage what you can and live with the rest of it.
The laser technic may be the best overall solution
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I never could grow a proper beard, very patchy even into middle age. It's safe to say I am well beyond puberty so it is what it is as this point.

I too would be interested in permanent removal if there were an inexpensive and comfortable process just so I could stop the constant shaving of what little bit I do have.

I also dislike my facial hair because of an obsessive stim I have with the stubble.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Barleymower
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Barleymower »

Moon I don't think there is a trouble free way to remove it. If I was serious I would use electrolysis.

What I would really like to do is grow my hair back. My scalp is too badly damaged by male patten balding for medication.
I don't have enough left for a transplant.
Hair implants fill me with horror (the clinic must clean the artifical hair regularly or it can go septic).
I'm not wearing a wig, they are itchy.

I'm left with my no2 clippers and a beany :(
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I have it, facial hair, body hair. Not so much on top of my head.

I have no desire to get rid of my facial hair.
I have kept a mustache for about 10 years continously now. and usually have a beard seasonally.
I start growing it out in November and usually keep it till the end of April or some time in May I shave it off again.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

When I was 40-odd I grew a trimmed beard, but I suffer from a skin condition known as psoriasis, which never really goes away and the beard became infested with dandruff, so off it came after a few years experimentation. Clean shaven ever since...on my face, that is.

As to my luxuriant head growth, I'm waiting for my glorious tresses to pass 24 inches so I can donate it to the wig makers :eye:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:16 am As to my luxuriant head growth, I'm waiting for my glorious tresses to pass 24 inches so I can donate it to the wig makers :eye:

Is that the length of the longest hair or the sum total of all the hair lengths added together? :-)
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Good question P. To put them end to end I'd need to shear them off, and a shaved head isn't my scene...yet.

I have had some marvellous heads of hair attend my surgery and when asked they invariably say that they will donate to a charity that makes up real-hair wigs for Cancer survivors. Apparently 12 inches is the minimum 'they' will accept. Lots of young girls have that sort of length available. Over here you get quite a percentage of redheads, which are impressive to say the least.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:49 pm I have had some marvellous heads of hair attend my surgery and when asked they invariably say that they will donate to a charity that makes up real-hair wigs for Cancer survivors. Apparently 12 inches is the minimum 'they' will accept.
A friend's son was so taken with the idea of wigs for cancer patients that he grew his own hair halfway down his back in order to donate it. As you can imagine, a boy of 11 or 12 got a lot of negative comments for that, but he persisted and made his donation.

(I researched the idea while growing my hair through lockdown, but they don't take grey :( )
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Reminds me of a favorite song. https://youtu.be/PgrIAIHTho8?t=38