Mood Altering Drugs - - - -

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Mood Altering Drugs - - - -

Post by Uncle Al »

A one-word drug in a cup > > > > > > > >
Coffee-Noun JPG 2022-10-03.jpg
Some days, make it a LARGE CUP :D
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Mood Altering Drugs - - - -

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Coffee....... The oil that keeps those wheels turning.....
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

:rofl: :rofl: :laff: :laff:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I work among a group of coffee addicts and I get a daily invite to have one, because someone is going out to the outlet next door for several.. I always decline as I couldn't give tuppence for expensive Costa/Starbucks/cappucino & the like.

Me, I just toss some instant into a mug to lubricate my next colation. That'sall.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Heretic! For a man who loves a good ale or scotch, colation might be an appropriate process in its production; but the powdered stuff --TMI! :shock:
Faldaguy, en el país del café :D
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Sheer convenience, FG and it leaves no mess. Anyway, my mood doesn't need altering much.

Tom
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Waiting for the ferry at the end of another holiday on our favourite French island a few years ago, I was offered a farewell espresso on the house at the quayside café (it's a small place). I resolved there and then to buy a proper Italian coffee machine. It's grinding the beans fresh and then infusing under 15 atmospheres pressure that does it. Other methods of making coffee simply don't produce the authentic flavour.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Like Tom, I'm not a coffee connoisseur, A spoonful of some generic granules will do me. I find a lot of coffee store blends too strong. I'm known as one-shot around here and that's good enough. None of the fancy concoctions either - flat white or Americano.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Speaking of French islands, I've sailed the Biscay, visiting several...Belle Isle, Groix, Houat, Hoedic and Isle d'Yeau and to my astonishment the hostelries on all of them offered Draught Guinness. The penny then dropped that Diaggio, a French firm actually owns Guinness.

If one isn't driving, why bother with coffee?

Tom
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 1:39 amThe penny then dropped that Diaggio, a French firm actually owns Guinness.
There is something just so profoundly wrong with that...
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I agree, Guinness was for hundreds of years a family concern and very good lifetime employer, but market forces being what they have become resulted in that takeover a good many years ago now. It has in fact done St James's Gate Guinness brewery in Dublin a lot of good, as Diaggio have invested heavily in the place, so its operation has expanded enormously and state-of-the-art equipment is everywhere there.

Apart from French islands, I sailed into the North German port of Kappeln, near Keil and a group of us Shantymen went ashore, spied a pub selling draught Guinness and we all had a round....and another and another until the little 'Maedchen' came out very apologetic and announced that we had drunk her Guinness supply dry and she had no more.

Our mood was well altered by then and we quite understood & continued with German Pilsner for the rest of the evening. My German friends can't half put the stuff away!

Tom

P.S. Another market forces 'tragedy'.....Rolls Royse are owned by Volkswagen and Bentley are owned by BMW !!