Someting to think about!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Someting to think about!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

The donkey told the tiger: The grass is blue.
The tiger replied: No, the grass is green​.
The discussion became heated, and the two decided to submit the issue to arbitration, and to do so they approached the lion.
Before reaching the clearing in the forest where the lion was sitting on his throne, the donkey started screaming: ′′Your Highness, isn't it true that the grass is blue?"​
The lion replied: "True, the grass is blue"​.
The donkey rushed forward and continued: ′′The tiger disagrees with me and contradicts me and annoys me. Please punish him"​.
The king then declared: ′′The tiger will be punished with 5 years of silence"​.
The donkey jumped with joy and went on his way, content and repeating: ′′The grass is blue"​..
The tiger accepted his punishment, but he asked the lion: ′′Your Majesty, why have you punished me, after all, the grass is green?"​
The lion replied: ′′In fact, the grass is green"​.
The tiger asked: ′′So why do you punish me?"​
The lion replied:
That has nothing to do with the question of whether the grass is blue or green. The punishment is because it is not possible for a brave, intelligent creature like you to waste time arguing with a donkey, and on top of that to come and bother me with that question
The worst waste of time is arguing with the fool and fanatic who doesn't care about truth or reality, but only the victory of his beliefs and illusions. Never waste time on discussions that make no sense... There are people who for all the evidence presented to them, do not have the ability to understand, and others who are blinded by ego, hatred and resentment, and the only thing that they want is to be right even if they aren’t.
When ignorance screams, intelligence shuts up. Your peace and tranquility are worth more.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Someting to think about!

Post by Kirbstone »

Enter Vladimir Putin.....

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

We can only hope that calm heads will prevail in the end or there won't be much grass left to argue over.
Steve.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The takeaway from this parable is that the lion was playing Donald Trump (or perhaps Bo Jo), and the next time the donkey brays out of turn the tiger will simply and wordlessly swat it once and have a snack.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Seems to me that Trump is the object lesson. Even the descriptive paragraph at the end applies.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.