Typos

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Typos

Post by Faldaguy »

I've often found myself amused at the implications and images of a simple typo. In signing on tonight I typed Faldagut instead of Faldaguy; not the best example but set me to wondering what typos you've found to chuckle over.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Typos

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I tend to read over the typos and ignore them. I although I use a spell checker some still get by. Also we have many of our friends here who's native language is not English and so have a hard time with the language.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Yes, typo's are confusing - making it difficult to understand and I, at times, must
reread the sentence many times to understand what the writer is trying to say.

I try, as much as possible, to avoid 'Typo's" by using the preview button.
I read what I've written, see if it makes sense, make corrections, then submit.
I "TEST" links before posting them as I don't want anyone going where not
intended, nor getting some 'virus' from an unintentionally linked website.

The PREVIEW button is your friend....Use it to your advantage :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

The biggest gaffs I have let slip seem to be caused by spelling corrupter on the fone when I'm replying to an email or SMS.
The fone corrupts what I'm saying when it thinks what I'm trying to say...

Ohhhhhh Siri.....
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Talking about 'fone corruptors', I often use a what's-app on my mobile to correspond with close friends including my group of Germans who I stay in touch with. The instrument doesn't recognise German text and tries to alter each typed word to its nearest English language equivalent --in it's programme.

The problem makes cogent texts to those friends just too difficult and I resort to my laptop and conventional E-mails now, but as Uncle Al advises, a preview read-through is vitally important before pressing the 'send' button.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

And in case you miss a typo in a post, you can go back and edit it.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

What a bunch of spastic techie freaks! Sure there are programs and means these days to easily catch most of our blunders, but we do make typos, and even with precautions a few slip past us -- most are just that -- typos, but some create a whole new meaning and a giggle or two. Are we too caught up in our righteousness to confess? Yes, I obviously caught my own Falda (skirt in Sp.) 'gut' lest I not have gotten signed in as Faldaguy, but it still put a smile on my face for a moment. Our blunders are more fun...let's hear them!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 4:52 amOur blunders are more fun...let's hear them!
O completely concur in this regard, as I have committed a few whoppers in my day which were absolutely hilarious. Face it, if we cannot laugh at ourselves when we commit a humorous gaffe we're doomed as individuals.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

What I'm finding amusing is that this post and the one on Eddie Lizard are running next to each other.
As far as I know, the person is Eddie Izzard - is it possible that auto corrupt got to the title?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

trainspotter48 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 1:23 pm What I'm finding amusing is that this post and the one on Eddie Lizard are running next to each other.
As far as I know, the person is Eddie Izzard - is it possible that auto corrupt got to the title?
I've been wondering that myself for the entire thread.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I just assumed it was deliberate.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Brad »

All tipose are intenchenil.