Pigeon holes getting silly

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Pigeon holes getting silly

Post by Bodycon »

There was a Black Pride event in London (UK) this weekend. I thought this was about Black history, heritage etc., but no, its about Black LBGTxxx.

I can't understand why a movement such as LGBTxxx would want to splinter along race lines, which immediately brought about the thought of how it would be conceived if a White Pride rally was to be held? I suspect that really would be misunderstood.

A bit like every time I hear someone starting a sentence with " As a" (insert a noun of choice), it saddens me that the trend for Pigeon holing is becoming more extreme.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pigeon holes getting silly

Post by Sinned »

As has been said by many of us here, "I'm in a pigeon hole of one - me." Nevertheless I take your point about the white version - it would certainly cause ructions.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pigeon holes getting silly

Post by Brad »

We all have red blood in our veins.