Baking tip for the forum cooks/chef's

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Bikerkilt
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Baking tip for the forum cooks/chef's

Post by Bikerkilt »

Thanks Fred That explain what my daughter has, brittle diabetes, she has so many of the hi and lows that now she a residence of the nursing home that she worked at for 19 years.

B
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Faldaguy wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:20 pm My spouse has been pre & controlled type 2 for many a year; and probably the most useful tidbit we have picked up is that a few minutes of light exercise after a meal does wonders for keeping the glucose levels in check. (More troublesome though, beware is you start to develop more loose stools -- Metformin is notorious and it can occur early on, after long use, or not at all, but not all the Docs check that before implementing all kinds of other 'tests'.)
I was on 500 mg of metformin twice a day. Initially, no side effects but after a few weeks the old stools were getting looser, at times the phrase "pass the gravy!" seemed appropriate. I was a bit worried when the doctor doubled my prescription so now I am on 100 mg twice a day. That had me worried but oddly enough things haven't got any worse, well not yet anyway!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Metformin doesn't have any such affect on me and I've been taking then for over 20 years. Any looseness is generally due to something I ate.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I have been on Metformin now for about 45 years and have just started to get some loosey goosey stools. Doc does not seem concerned and has not made any changes in my meds.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.