Pet Peeves:

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pet Peeves:

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 7:17 pm So they are not going to bite anyone who does not deserve it!!
That's what the owners of the german shepherd that took a hunk out of my leg thought too. I was just delivering papers, they opened the door to get the paper, and out ran the dog.

"Don't worry. He won't bite."

CHOMP!
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Attributed to Tommy Cooper:
"Your dog bit my leg the other day."

"Oh dear! Did you put anything on it?"

"No, he seemed to like it as it was."
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

pelmut wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:12 pm Attributed to Tommy Cooper:
"Your dog bit my leg the other day."

"Oh dear! Did you put anything on it?"

"No, he seemed to like it as it was."
That is very Tommy Cooper style! along the lines of:
Doctor Doctor, it hurts when I do this!
"Well don't do it then!"
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Sitting in the parking lot of Lowe's and a guy see's my dog trying to bust the window to get to his dog that looks like a Pitbull.So what does the guy do? He gets his dog out of his truck and sits right in plain view of Rufus glances up and smiles knowing I'm trying everything I can to contain Rufus in the car while waiting for Moon.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JennC03 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:23 pm Sitting in the parking lot of Lowe's and a guy see's my dog trying to bust the window to get to his dog that looks like a Pitbull.So what does the guy do? He gets his dog out of his truck and sits right in plain view of Rufus glances up and smiles knowing I'm trying everything I can to contain Rufus in the car while waiting for Moon.
Jenn, as we all know some people are just plain a$$holes! And that guy was a big one.

I have an in-law who rescues pitbulls and when I go to his house I never have to worry as they are all (4) in his lap. He would never do that to anyone. He believes in being a good dog owner and respects other people.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 6:18 pm
JennC03 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:23 pm Sitting in the parking lot of Lowe's and a guy see's my dog trying to bust the window to get to his dog that looks like a Pitbull.So what does the guy do? He gets his dog out of his truck and sits right in plain view of Rufus glances up and smiles knowing I'm trying everything I can to contain Rufus in the car while waiting for Moon.
Jenn, as we all know some people are just plain a$$holes! And that guy was a big one.

I have an in-law who rescues pitbulls and when I go to his house I never have to worry as they are all (4) in his lap. He would never do that to anyone. He believes in being a good dog owner and respects other people.

Yeah the guy was a dick made me so mad to do that to Rufus.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

When you're trying to read an article and it forces you to join a website you don't care for just to read it.

For example Facebook a majority of articles have now been converted over to having to join the site in order to read the article.

Texting or messaging someone and being left on read.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Or forces you to turn off your ad blockers to read the page.
I just leave the page.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:08 am Or forces you to turn off your ad blockers to read the page.
I just leave the page.
Yes I hate that too it's beyond annoying but I won't turn mine off.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I can't turn my ad-blockers off on any of the computers because that technology is built into my infrastructure -- thus, even guests who connect get the protection, and usually like the experience!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I use Adblock Plus and Ghostery for my ad blockers. They do the job about 99% of the time and they allow me to mark a site as trusted.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A SAFETY related 'Peeve' :)

WHY do people who drive Cadillac, Infinity, Mercedes, Acura, ETC., (including sports cars)
feel they are allowed to drive 10 to 25 MPH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT? Especially near a school?
Also - PLEASE CHECK YOUR TAIL/BRAKE LIGHTS.
If these lights are not working, you might get rear-ended by another vehicle. If you have a
dash-cam, the police can view the footage, proving the person in front of you, was at fault.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Stores advertising a product or something on sale across your Facebook and other platforms you go to see more about it for it to say unavailable .
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Searching eBay by lowest price, and finding all the lowest prices only apply the option of a fabric sample or an xxxxsmall, or something else useless.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:17 pm A SAFETY related 'Peeve' :)

WHY do people who drive Cadillac, Infinity, Mercedes, Acura, ETC., (including sports cars)
feel they are allowed to drive 10 to 25 MPH OVER THE SPEED LIMIT? Especially near a school?
Also - PLEASE CHECK YOUR TAIL/BRAKE LIGHTS.
If these lights are not working, you might get rear-ended by another vehicle. If you have a
dash-cam, the police can view the footage, proving the person in front of you, was at fault.
The answer to that is usually that they are better than you, and they own the right and the road, oh, and they have to be first.

I put it this way: The value of the vehicle is inversely proportional to the driver's ability to apply the road rules....

Its a major peeve of mine too.
Oh and the young, probably in her mid to late 20s who's driving a BMW, Audi, Merc etc who's got her phone glued to her ear. Oh and the fine for that in QLD is $1033 and 4 demerit points..

I some years ago heard an April Fools joke that said that BMW of Sydney were doing an urgent recall of all BMW vehicles sold in the last 5 years because they all appeared to have a fault that prevented the indicators from working, requiring urgent rectification......