Pet Peeves:

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Pet Peeves:

Post by Elisabetta »

I'm curious to know what everyone's pet peeves are?
Last edited by Elisabetta on Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pet Peaves:

Post by Kirbstone »

Jenn,

I had to look this up on google to get the correct meaning and I suspect you may have mis-spelt it. They mention 'pet peeves' and go on to talk about peoples' dislikes &c.
Any spelling with peaves in it brings up leaves &c.

Anyway, perhaps it's to do with the average age of our social circle nowadays, but I get annoyed when people repeat themselves in a conversation. Perhaps they have something on their mind and they cannot remember having already said it, but that repetition does irritate me.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pet Peaves:

Post by Elisabetta »

Kirbstone wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:16 am Jenn,

I had to look this up on google to get the correct meaning and I suspect you may have mis-spelt it. They mention 'pet peeves' and go on to talk about peoples' dislikes &c.
Any spelling with peaves in it brings up leaves &c.

Anyway, perhaps it's to do with the average age of our social circle nowadays, but I get annoyed when people repeat themselves in a conversation. Perhaps they have something on their mind and they cannot remember having already said it, but that repetition does irritate me.

Tom

Thanks for the spelling correction.

I actually do this not intentionally part of my disability.If I get interrupted while speaking to someone I will repeat myself.I have no idea how much that person actually paid attention to what I was saying.I'm Bipolar and it takes sometime to process what I'm trying to say.When someone interrupts me makes everything difficult because most times I forget what am trying to say.I end up giving up.Moon and my daughter do this to me a lot.I'm trying to train my brain to have a normal conversation but I do struggle.

Mine are when I'm talking people rushing me or cutting me off in mid sentence because I'm not fast enough so they can get back to a TV show or YouTube.

I hate people using the Facebook like button on my posts.Drives me nuts because it's the most used emote on the site.

I hate when you add someone to your friends list on Facebook and they have to go all the way back to the day you created your page and hit a bunch of emotes.It's beyond annoying.

Moaning while eating.That one irritates me.
Last edited by Elisabetta on Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Pet Peeves:

Post by Coder »

When people write “loose” when they mean “lose”, or vice-versa.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Mostly theez daze it is comments etc. on Farcebook, Twitter etc. which are either full of spelling and grammatical mistakes and/or the dreaded txt spk
I thnk U (Aargh!)

LOL (There's another won, sorry one!)
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Moonshadow post your peeves I know you have some! :mrgreen:
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Big and Bashful wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:07 pm Mostly theez daze it is comments etc. on Farcebook, Twitter etc. which are either full of spelling and grammatical mistakes and/or the dreaded txt spk
I thnk U (Aargh!)

LOL (There's another won, sorry one!)

I hate when people use slang.Like type or talk correctly.Half the time I never understand what they're saying and just nod. :lol:
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Coder wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:59 am When people write “loose” when they mean “lose”, or vice-versa.
With language ones, we could go on for ever! How about people saying refute when they mean rebut? Or convince when they mean persuade (as in convincing someone to do something)?
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

geron wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:13 pm
Coder wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:59 am When people write “loose” when they mean “lose”, or vice-versa.
With language ones, we could go on for ever! How about people saying refute when they mean rebut? Or convince when they mean persuade (as in convincing someone to do something)?
Word Crimes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Gv0H-vPoDc
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JennC03 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:41 pmI hate when people use slang.Like type or talk correctly.Half the time I never understand what they're saying and just nod. :lol:
Not only do I use slang, I frequently mix UK and US slang to hilarious results. I'm also good with puns and allegory in storytelling. And, for good measure, I make liberal use of jokes and humour even in the most serious of Corporate communication.

The very best jokes are the ones that the audience doesn't immediately "get", but understand it some several minutes after the moment of delivery has passed. It's good to work in the company of highly intelligent people. They tend to keep one sharp.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

One of my greatest is when sitting in a restaurant and enjoying a nice meal, a stranger walks up and leans over and asks if it is good.
I have been known to use my fork for something that it is not intended to be used for at these times. Then have to ask the wait staff for another. :twisted: :twisted:
I also hate when sitting at a table for two in a crowded restaurant, someone will walk up and sit down without asking it the space is taken or if I mind. (I do mind as a matter of fact).
People who eat with their mouths open and try to talk.

Well enough for now! :twisted: :evil: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Enjoying the responses keep them coming this is fun!
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Fred in Skirts » Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:29 pm

One of my greatest is when sitting in a restaurant and enjoying a nice meal,
...and when the wait staff asks "What are we having" --there are some delightful rejoinders, but they don't always smile!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Someone coming for a visit and asking if you have a bathroom?
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

JennC03 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:22 am Someone coming for a visit and asking if you have a bathroom?
Nope out house is out yonder.

Or hope you brought your self a bucket.

A great gag might be to offer them an adult diaper.

Since I chimed in I might as well share a few of my "pets"

My number one is fast impatient drivers.
Have you ever been passed like you felt like you were sitting parked, and passed by someone for them to only go another 600 to 1000 feet ahead and then make a right or left turn?
Or funner yet they race around you and up to a red light.
I'd about love to shout out to them, how did they enjoy the red light as I usually coast by them in the slow lane.

Round about s is another. perhaps drivers in round a bouts.
They are relatively new to this part of the US and Indiana.
I hate them for the most part.
Ok yea you might not have to stop at a sign. Good, good.
But around here it's more like start praying please don't hit me dear confused driver. The game show of Who's lane is it? Where gestures are made up and the lines don't matter.

They are great at filtering out drinks ,(drunks, victim of auto correct) , a large majority have scared up brick work in the middle from people attempting to Duke's of Hazzard launch over the center area.
They even arranged the bricks sort of like arrows to give the drivers a clue of which way to go.

There are some great videos on YouTube of good ol drivers in round a bouts.

My apologies to the punctuations peevers.
Last edited by mishawakaskirt on Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.