What are the hobbies that you have and do you wear a skirt when doing them?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: What are the hobbies that you have and do you wear a skirt when doing them?

Post by crfriend »

geron wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:55 pm[... S]ome decades ago, I needed to write to Dr Zuse (I'm now racking my memory to recall what it was about) and I received an absolutely charming letter in reply. What a gentleman.
I have read nothing but good about the man, and am rather happy that the Third Reich missed the importance of his work. If you ever figure out what the contact was about I'd be curious.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

When I get up in the morning I take off my ankle-length nightdress (Simply the most comfortable garment there is) and change into a skirt or dress. Almost the whole day is spent like this except for some of the out in public stuff or doing gardening. My hobbies are mainly done from inside the house - reading, writing, music (listening and playing), phoning friends, working on the computers. I work mainly from home and put on a male top for video calls. Housework and cooking/ eating usually do not require a change of outfit and I have been known to go for days on end without wearing trousers of any kind.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Kirbstone » Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:25 am

I do all of Ray's list except guitar.,,,,,,,,,

Evaluating half-decent whiskies....
Tom, how do you know if it is half-decent before evaluating? Tis kilted, not skirted?

Or, maybe; unlike the Scottish versions, it's Irish pot whiskey which is said to have originated as a way of skirting the British revenuer... that might double the fun! :D Which leads to another question: Have you ever seen a skirted British revenuer?
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

No, FG. I've just returned to this Sainted Isle from 9 days battling around the little tracks and lanes the modern Britons have carved out of their forests and wildernesses.
With Brexit writ large everywhere there is now a vastly increased presence of Brit. Revenuers, alas none of them skirted. Even the female ones have a uniform that has trews on the bottom half.
Connecting the larger settlements there are some wide-ish tracks with quaint signs to places like 'The North' and 'Diversion, narrow lanes for 3 miles', While off those beaten tracks our VW Camper simultaneously brushed the verdant hedges on both sides of a spider's web of impossibly steep windy lanes all over Devon, Somerset, Shropshire, Herefordshire &c &c. I would Never want to actually live there and have to cope with heart-stopping near misses on a daily basis.
MOH, being a Native lass coped admirably and drove every inch of the way, managing to recall her native tongue and successfully ask the way to e.g
'Callisham Farm' and other such hidden hostelries.

We managed to wed a granddaughter in a 900 year-old church with an impressive tower full of eight bells, expertly rung. The pub next door is a mere 800 years old and looks it, but their offerings are very drinkable.

Re half-decent whiskies, it's a good start to see written on the bottle: 'Single Malt, 12 years old', or 'Triple-distilled pot still malt, 10years old' or similar. For my 80th I ended up in receipt of several bottles presented me, which will take me quite a while to savour. One surprised me, in that it has a Tesco's brand, not traditionally famous with the legend: 'a blend of three finest Irish Whiskey distillates, matured in oak for almost two decades and finished off in a bourbon cask, 18 years old.'. That tincture is particularly fine.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

Say Hobbies and others.

I do alot of hiking with my dog, Kilt or skirt
I still work on cars so depending on what doing again Kilt or skirt, But is doing welding or on the ground under i might have jeans on,
Again really depends,
Fishing, Kilt or Skirt,
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
TheRod
Distinguished Member

Post by TheRod »

Re Carl's remarks, there is a really good video about the Apollo Guidance computer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1J2RMorJXM
Dottie

Post by Dottie »

Bodycon wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:55 pm
Big and Bashful wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:46 pm ...or if they still do them, a rail rover type ticket so I can travel via rail and use B & Bs to explore
Scotrail do an over 60 railcard for 1/3 off and you can get an older person bus pass (free travel I think) at 60 too. Put them together and off you go...

Just watch out for midgies and ticks.
Hold the bus , or train ! In Scotland , get the over 60's entitlement card. It allows free public transport through out Scotland, I have one , it costs nothing and I have travelled extensively throughout the land, I have yet however to try it on a ferry crossing to the Isles.