Healthy Mind = Healty Life

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Healthy Mind = Healty Life

Post by Uncle Al »

I think that many people here, and around us, need this . . .
Make yourself a priority JPG 2022-05-13.jpg
A vacation, for one's mind, can help anyone :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Healthy Mind = Healty Life

Post by Kirbstone »

Too right, Uncle Al.

Now with more pleasant temperatures and long evenings, after a long day looking 'down-in-the-mouth' at The Face I take a walk down to our little private garden lake where we now have two comfy thrones either side of the boat ramp. There I can sit and survey our little nature reserve filled with birdsong, just now including the cuckoo and during my stay more than likely I'll be favoured with a fly-past by our resident electric-blue kingfisher, by far the prettiest of our native birds.
Rs Tranquility by the lake.JPG
The other extremely therapeutic relaxant for me is my trusty ol' Bechstein, which just recently has benefited from the magic administrations of my piano tuner/technician, so my caressing fingers are rewarded with a concert hall quality sound which nowadays I find increasingly difficult to produce. But never mind, Trying is half the battle and it's not a battle, it's pure pleasure. With the Drawing Room French doors open, our 10 year-old granddaughter recorded a bit of Bechstien from out in the garden and played it back to me. She's now into producing short amusing 'family' films and she included this recording as background. Not at all bad, I'm happy to say.
Kilted joy at the piano.jpeg
Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Well, this year I am determined to improve both my mental and physical health.... so I've just started a new pastime:
IMG-20220513-WA0001.jpg
First class and it was really enjoyable, so I've signed up for five more classes initially.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Well SD, I can see why you enrolled! Dance s one way of keeping fit.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I'm curious about how he'll be accepted into the profession -- and how his fellow students feel about the matter.

Other than the occasional smirk or witty play on words, what can the harm really be -- especially if it makes him happy?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

crfriend wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 12:22 am I'm curious about how he'll be accepted into the profession -- and how his fellow students feel about the matter.

Other than the occasional smirk or witty play on words, what can the harm really be -- especially if it makes him happy?
The woman in front of me is my neighbour and she wanted to try pole dancing and asked me if I'd like to go with her. When I got there we were all waiting outside for the teacher to turn up and immediately I got talking to the other students about their experiences of pole dancing etc. No-one even batted an eyelid. I will be going on different days so it will be interesting to see if the other groups are any different.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

SkirtsDad wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:28 amNo-one even batted an eyelid.
Love it!

Of note, we used to have here amongst us a male belly-dancer, so I suppose this is not too much of a stretch (OK, bad pun, I know) at all.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

But will he get any TIPS stuffed into his outfit ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

You were always a brave one, SD and your latest dance foray is par for the course. A few months of that will banish the Covid Tum for sure. Bravo!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bart_Allen55

Post by Bart_Allen55 »

Uncle Al wrote:
> I think that many people here, and around us, need this . . .
> Make yourself a priority JPG 2022-05-13.jpg
> A vacation, for one's mind, can help anyone :!:
>
> [color=#008000]Uncle Al[/color]
> :mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
i agree with you here since a lot of peopel want to please others just to be accepted but in reality they don't have to do that