Onychocryptosis

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Onychocryptosis

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Guys
I have a seriously burning question and it need not involve any drift.
Please give your valued political opinions on onychocryptosis as it could be affected by government policy on many levels and from any of our beloved nations.
Please also feel free to comment on any gender based applications that could be brought to bear.
Steve AKA Napoleon XIV
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Onychocryptosis

Post by pelmut »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:45 am Hi Guys
Please give your valued political opinions on onychocryptosis as it could be affected by government policy on many levels and from any of our beloved nations.
Please also feel free to comment on any gender based applications that could be brought to bear.
Steve AKA Napoleon XIV
On one hand there is a serious risk of this matter developing into a left/right divide, on the other hand it may only be a digital artefact.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

I come up with an ingrown toenail - - -

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Onychocry ... 4fdc2dd318

Maybe has a different meaning in Scotland ?

As for political opinions - maybe just kicking the can down the road incurring a toe nail injury -
Maybe has something to do with an ill fitting shoe trying to foot a bill through a legislative body !
Probably a more male orientated kicking that can with a closed toe shoe as opposed to open toe high heel shoe.

Heck I give up ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Whoever thinks up these terms? And why can we not call it by the more descriptive term "ingrown toenail"? Actually I have a minor problem with the inbound side of the toenail on my big toes tending to grow outwards and without frequent and careful trimming can get very sore. I did try and search but couldn't find a name for the condition.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Sinned wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:45 am Whoever thinks up these terms? And why can we not call it by the more descriptive term "ingrown toenail"?
But it says exactly that:

onycho-, nail

crypto-, hidden or buried

-sis, condition.

You just need to know a little Latin :P

(full disclosure: I googled this)
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 3:45 am Hi Guys
Steve AKA Napoleon XIV
The biggest issue with onychocryptosis is that if it goes too far you may not have a leg to stand on, so you need to put your foot down and avoid procrastoenation at all costs.

Dear old Michael Foot would have been the politician who would have dealt with this best; he would have made everyone toe the line and trimmed back the hard right, with surgical precision, before it got too deep.

If (or when) they come to take you away, just remember to keep smiling - Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Glad thar nobody is pussy footing around this question but maybe we should could consider Toery opinions too?
We had better be the soles of discretion or we may just get nailed down too,
Steve
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

From what toerag did you come up with this??
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

rode_kater wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:19 pm onycho-, nail

crypto-, hidden or buried

-sis, condition.

You just need to know a little Latin :P
Bzzzt -- deviation! It's all Greek ;-)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

geron wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 10:00 pm Bzzzt -- deviation! It's all Greek
Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:54 pm From what toerag did you come up with this??
Bodycon wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:27 pm If (or when) they come to take you away, just remember to keep smiling - Ho ho, hee hee, ha ha...
Allo, Allo it's Boney this time and I will say this once more only.
In this thread, you may be as deviant as you wish and use the Greek or the Dutchx2, you are among amees here.
Toerag, I will overlook and and ask you to make the consult with the funny bone.
My work here is done and able I am to be off to Elba.
His Imperial Majesty Napoleon XIV, By the Grace of Gucci and the will of the Nation, Emperor of the Skirts and Co-Prince of Ecclefechan.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Guys
Let us give a real Cafe cheer to all our ardent politically minded members who have actually refrained from turning this amusing little interlude into a potential flame war.
Bravo, for they are jolly good fellows, some of the time, anyway.
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I'm going to try to get a toe-hold in this thread ;)

Word Games(play on words and how they're used) is ALWAYS GREAT FUN :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I did study Latin a bit at school but not Greek. So my condition would presumably be onychoexotersis:

onycho-, nail

exoter-, exposed

-sis, condition.

Yabbadabbadoo, I've just named my own condition. You heard it here first, folks.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

By one of those mysterious coincidences, the clue to 3 Down in today's Sunday Times general knowledge crossword is "Painful condition known technically as onychocryptosis (7,7).

Has the compiler been studying this thread?
Last edited by geron on Sat May 07, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

geron wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 12:27 pm By one of those mysterious coincidences, the clue to 3 Down in today's Sunday Times general knowledge crossword is "Painful condition known technically as onychcryptosis (7,7).
By a similar coincidence, one of my thumbs had just developed onychcryptosis when I read the first post.   ...a coincidence of coincidences!
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.