Music and the Pushing of Buttons

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
crfriend
Master Barista

Music and the Pushing of Buttons

Post by crfriend »

Following an interesting conversation at my local a few days ago where a cello duo, "2 Cellos" was highly recommended, especially their mashup of Beethoven's 5th Symphony and Led Zeppelin's Whole Lotta Love. That was good -- and a whole lot of fun -- but another one I stumbled across following a random trail of breadcrumbs made my jaw drop: The Asturia Quartet playing Vivaldi's Winter.

That pushed more buttons at once than have been pushed in a long time. A delight!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Music and the Pushing of Buttons

Post by geron »

crfriend wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 7:58 pm ...another one I stumbled across following a random trail of breadcrumbs made my jaw drop: The Asturia Quartet playing Vivaldi's Winter.

That pushed more buttons at once than have been pushed in a long time. A delight!
To follow that, try Max Richter's "recomposed" version of The Four Seasons!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

geron wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:05 pmTo follow that, try Max Richter's "recomposed" version of The Four Seasons!
From what I've heard so far, that's very nice -- faithful and yet different at the same time.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Two Cellos have been favorites of mine for several years. One of my favorite instruments.