Humor - What can you add?

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Humor - What can you add?

Post by Sinned »

This about sums it up for me.
Older.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

th.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

273716290_3428062687420631_3154310377403117248_n.jpg
Knickson

Post by Knickson »

153908713_1051958275313085_2825171680930914962_n.jpg
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A bit weather related humor :D
Texas Has 12 Seasons JPG 2022-02-26.jpg
And with what I've been going through these past few days, I believe it :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Humor - Not sure if this is meant to be funny.

Post by denimini »

I attended a meeting last weekend and the track from the highway is 75 kms long and has many gates on it, some get replaced now and then and this is the latest. I do not know what the story is but the lettering was of steel rod and welded on which is a lot of trouble to go to for .............. ??
A few properties (crown land leases) have changed hands recently so perhaps a new owner or neighbour?
gate_20220227_132540_m.jpg
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

This may be another version of an old joke:

A kangaroo kept getting out of his enclosure at the zoo at night. Knowing it could hop really high, the zoo officials put up a 10-foot fence. However, they were amazed to find the kangaroo was out again the next morning roaming around the zoo. So, they put up a 20-foot fence instead. Again, the next morning, they were amazed to find the kangaroo had still gotten out. Exasperated, they put up a 40-foot fence. As the animals in the zoo watched all this unfold, a camel in the next enclosure asked the kangaroo, “How high do you think they’ll go?”
The kangaroo replied, “About a 1,000 feet, unless somebody starts locking the gate at night!”
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

OK Sports fans, get ready for this event after the spring thaw :!:
On a road or street near you, have all the fun you want :D
Street Golf JPG 2022-02-20.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Applies over here too. Yesterday I had a rhs lower strut snap. It was ok coming back from work but the next morning we got into the car to drive somewhere and the car was seriously pulling to the right. I drove straight to our local garage and the culprit was obvious. The lower arm that basically holds the wheel unit had snapped at its inboard joint. Easily fixed but I would have hated to think what would have happened at 70mph on a motorway. I wouldn't care but it had passed its MOT a few days earlier. I think that the arm was so covered in muck that the crack was covered up. Not complaining as a couple of hours and the car was back.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

button 1.jpg
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

This might crack a smile in some stony faces.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am sober and I love the pipes! In fact I have about 30 CDs of bagpipe music that get played often. At least when my daughter isn't home. Of course I don't enjoy the music she and my son-in-law listen to either.

I am more to the style easy listening and dance band music as well as classical and of course the pipes. They more on the metal bands heavy or otherwise. :lol:
Last edited by Fred in Skirts on Tue Mar 08, 2022 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

If the all-up Scots pipes are too much to deal with, give the smaller and softer Irish (or Uillean) pipes a try. They're actually designed for use indoors and not to frighten enemies and are fed with a bellows arrangement and have the traditional chanter and also drones that can be played using keys manipulated the the side of the palms playing the chanter. One of my favourites is an absolutely exquisite piece by Liam O'Flynn called The Winter's End which is a duet between Uillean pipes and oboe -- captivating!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I do have a CD of the Irish pipes in my collection. I do find them to be great for when I just want to relax.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

A little word of caution here.....
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !