I wish you enough

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

I wish you enough

Post by Uncle Al »

Copied from a good friend on Facebook;

I WISH YOU ENOUGH

Recently overheard was a father and daughter in their last moments together at the airport.
They had announced the departure.
Standing near the security gate, they hugged and the father said, 'I love you, and I wish you enough.'
The daughter replied, 'Dad, our life together has been more than enough. Your love is all I ever needed.
I wish you enough, too, Dad.'
They kissed and the daughter left. The Father walked over to the window where I was seated.
Standing there I could see he wanted and needed to cry. I tried not to intrude on his privacy,
but he welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'
'Yes, I have,' I replied. 'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'..
'I am old, and she lives so far away. I have challenges ahead and the reality is - the next trip back will
be for my funeral,' he said.
'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I wish you enough..' May I ask what that means?'
He began to smile. 'That's a wish that has been handed down from other generations. My parents
used to say it to everyone...'
He paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and he smiled even more.
'When we said, 'I wish you enough,' we were wanting the other person to have a life filled with just
enough good things to sustain them.' Then turning toward me, he shared the following as if he were
reciting it from memory.
I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.
I wish you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.
He then began to cry and walked away.
They say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them;
but then an entire life to forget them.
Only if you wish, send this to the people you will never forget. If you don't send it to anyone it may
mean that you are in such a hurry that you have forgotten your friends.
*TAKE TIME TO LIVE....*
To all my Friends and Family - *I WISH YOU ENOUGH*

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I wish you enough

Post by STEVIE »

Nice sentiments but cynical me is screaming URBAN MYTH!
Nicer, if we knew it was for real Al as I presume you are just reporting on the overheard?
Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Sadly, I too am in the cynical camp. Suggesting you share/repost something is always a warning sign.

I do appreciate the sentiment behind posting it though, Al.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

To Stevie, Ray and anyone else reading this post:

WHY must we be 'Cynical' of what we read, what others post :?:
WHY can't we accept what someone has written, showing sentimental feelings/expressions :?:
WHY must there always be something 'written between the lines' :?:

The last time I saw my younger son in person, was at his mom's(my wife's) funeral.
Yes we occasionally 'video chat' but that's not the same as a good hug :!:

This post(story if you will) helps to put into words what my mind, and emotions, are unable to do.
This post was made with the utmost purity of intentions, wishing ALL MEMBERS to have a great life :!:
Life is short :!: WHY let the small stuff get in the way of enjoying our lives :?: Of loving one another :?:

I'm now beginning to get my financial situation straightened out and back on track.
This is due all of the RED TAPE one has to go through when a life partner is lost.
I have more RED TAPE to look forward to. I don't wish that experience on anyone :!:

Losing your life partner of 49 years, changes you :!:
A void or emptiness has been created and forced upon you :!:
Your outlook on life changes everything you do :!:
At 71 years of age, and a widower, I'm finally seeing that I've 'put-off' to many 'things'
that I'ld "get around to doing". It is time to stop 'putting off' these things and DO THEM :!:

So, PLEASE understand that these sentiments are heart felt and not hiding ANYTHING :!:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Al
I can only apologise if my glibness upset you, that was never my intention.

Steve.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Al

Please re-read my second paragraph. I meant it.

Ray
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

UA, I thought it was a wonderful post and I can accept such on face value without any cynicism or criticism even if the "situation" is not real but made up. It reflects the better side of human nature and we can all be better off for that. It is in my online scrapbook of spiritually uplifting thoughts. Thank you.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Uncle Al,
Yours was indeed a great post, worthy of many re-reads. It's just that the title 'Wish you enough' is one not used hereabouts and provokes some thought.
Your recent loss of your soulmate of nigh-on 50 years has been a ghastly experience for you, but I see strength in your resolve now to get on with Life and start ticking off those bucket list items. I have two close sailing friends with each of whom I have been through trying episodes offshore, but both of them have lost their wives recently. It has been salutory to observe how they each have coped with the 'sea change' in their lives.

I wish you every joy for your future. Btw, Belated welcome to the 70s club. I'm about to follow RMA out the exit door there.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !