Thank You Corona Virus for a bit of humor

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Thank You Corona Virus for a bit of humor

Post by Uncle Al »

Thank You Corona Virus JPG 2022-01-13.jpg
Some of the "references" may be strange to members "Across-The-Pond" but those
in the U.S., with a good memory, will understand the T.V. commercials of the past.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Thank You Corona Virus for a bit of humor

Post by Sinned »

UA, we found it funny. Started off a bit slow but the humour improved - no 12 is a classic.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Twelve hit a nerve with me as well, save that it was me walking into a police station wearing a mask to pick up my firearms permit. Dang that was weird! (But everybody was pleasant -- congenial, even. I guess that even by then "mask madness" was starting to wear thin.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Reminds me of that western serial - 'The Lone Ranger"

Who was that masked man ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Uncle Al wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:02 pm Some of the "references" may be strange to members "Across-The-Pond"...
Certainly the one about drawing cash from a human bank teller is pure nostalgia for us. Can't remember when I last did that, or when I last wrote a cheque. With the coming of Covid, we can make payments of up to £100 with a contactless bank card, and some traders are no longer accepting cash. With a mobile phone, with its extra layers of security, there appears to be no upper limit.

I think the smallest contactless payment I ever made was about 70 euro cents at the entry barrier to the gents' toilettes in Marseille St-Charles station -- they must have a very obliging payment processor....
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

geron wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:09 am I think the smallest contactless payment I ever made was about 70 euro cents at the entry barrier to the gents' toilettes in Marseille St-Charles station -- they must have a very obliging payment processor....
For larger organisations, debit card transactions can be on the order of 5c per transaction. There's a one-time set-up cost and then you plug the internet in and It Just Works. Now credit cards, those are f*ing expensive to process.