My news

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: My news

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Freedom For All,
I come with no advice, just my very best wishes.
That and my utmost admiration for your courage in the face of such horror.
I have no idea how I'd have coped and only hope to never be tested.
My regards also to your wife and family.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

What a nightmare. It was bad enough getting the diagnosis but to be treated like that in Hospital was terrible and unforgivable. I think you made the right call checking yourself out because any future options would have to be better than that instant and extremely radical surgery ........ without proper consultation.
Again, the best of luck here on.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Wow, "....removing your backbone...." really? What would support you? Performing any such radical surgery without prior consultation would be at best unethical and possibly illegal. It would be a bit like writing a blank cheque and hoping that the recipient would put in a reasonable amount. You did the best thing as they would probably have required you to sign all sorts of waivers so if you ended up paralysed there would be no comeback on them. The surgeon's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired. I hope you get a second opinion and a successful outcome at this stressful time. To be treated so abysmally is the last thing you need at this time.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:04 pm Ah yes FFA... may your tumors grow at the speed of congress. :lol:

... a little humor for ya... :wink:
:D
Nothing would ever happen!!!!!
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Wow... Just wow.

Glad you got out of there

Find another doctor.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

My lord man what the hell is going on??? Is your Dr's name Frankenstein?? Having An operation without at least two Dr's opinions is not the thing to do. I don't know what your hospitals are like but in my area no major surgery will be performed unless two doctors agree and you are present at the consultation.
Sending in armed guards to your room tells me you were not going to survive the operation, either in death or being made a vegetable for the rest of your life.
If I were you I would check out at least two more doctors and get a lawyer to sue the other doctor and the hospital.
Good luck with what ever you do.
Again praying for you and your family.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jayce

Post by Jayce »

As a cancer survivor of: Incapsulated Mucosal Epithelial Cancer in my sinus cavities, removal of a 7 inch X 3 inch X .7 inch piece of colon cancer, a 1 inch by 1 inch Squamous Epithelial Cell lump on my forearm surgically removed years ago and ongoing freezings of Actinic Keratosis on my scalp ( I'm bald) my ears and my cheek bones--> I'm still enjoying life and moving ahead at age 74. KEEP ACTIVE, EAT WELL AND SLEEP LATE. Jayce --the old fart from New Jersey.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

If you was a prisoner I'd say you were escaping one piece at a time.

Seriously, you truly are a survivor. I wish you continued health and you live to be 100.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Fred in Skirts » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:54 am

My lord man what the hell is going on??? Is your Dr's name Frankenstein?? Having An operation without at least two Dr's opinions is not the thing to do. I don't know what your hospitals are like but in my area no major surgery will be performed unless two doctors agree and you are present at the consultation.
Sending in armed guards to your room tells me you were not going to survive the operation, either in death or being made a vegetable for the rest of your life.
If I were you I would check out at least two more doctors and get a lawyer to sue the other doctor and the hospital.
Good luck with what ever you do.
Again praying for you and your family.
Despite Fred's "say it like it is" style, I've got to say the man "speaks my mind" on this one. Along with a couple of professional opinions; and copies of all the records from that institution in duplicate to feed to two or more lawyers in your (US) world of litigate everything -- this appears to be one of those times you should. There is likely some 'pro-bono' talent seeking your case. I suspect it is a distraction you do not need now, but maybe it will take your mind off other worries a bit?

Yes, get some more opinions and info; glad you had the wisdom and strength to stand up to such abuse of authority even while subdued. For what it is worth, you can bet this would not happen in our little bit of paradise we talked about as one of the hallmarks of medicine here is communication and care foremost.
miloshlavka
Distinguished Member

Post by miloshlavka »

Freedomforall wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:02 am ...She left and a few minutes later my door flew open. It was two big security guards who stood over my bed with their hands on their guns. The first one asked if there was a problem. I told him there was not. He tried telling me that I could not record on private property. I was afraid they were about to drag me out of bed or shoot me...
Terrible!!!
You was in the hospital or in prison (maybe Gulag)??? :cry:

I wish You better pri... - sorry - hospital.
And health and freedom for all - including for You.

Regards
Miloš
Everyone should be honest and prudent: to keep promises and, on principle, never to promise anything to anyone.
Sorry for my English. I try not to make spelling mistakes, but for this reason my writing is very slow.

Miloš H., Nový Knín, Central Bohemia
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

That's horrendous treatment! I hope you find somewhere decent to treat you, maybe you can now use the recordings to take some sort of action or even just to show how badly that hospital treated you, although I wouldn't think about that until the medical issues are treated!

I wish you the best!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Hello FFA just wanted to check in and see if you had an update regarding your situation? I hope you found a much better doctor to see and one willing to ease your mind about the surgery and the depths of what lies from having it,
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

JennC03 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 pm Hello FFA just wanted to check in and see if you had an update regarding your situation? I hope you found a much better doctor to see and one willing to ease your mind about the surgery and the depths of what lies from having it,
hing

Hi Jenn,
Thank you for checking. It has been and continues to be a long arduous process. It took 25 days for insurance to finally approve the Petscan, which was inconclusive. They had the surgery scheduled for March 2nd, but have now scheduled it for next Wednesday do to things worsening, i.e. my ability to walk. I am dreading it but, the more time has elapsed the more it is clear that something must be done soon. I have only been sleeping maybe an hour every night due to pain. I can no longer lie down and must sleep sitting up. I have no pain medication to relieve the pain. It is so hard when you are awake, alone, and hurting.

I do not know what to expect when I wake up after surgery next week. Once they begin removing the masses from the nerves the risk of paralysis exist. Hopefully, I will talk to you all after the surgery.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Here's hoping you the best fortune in the coming days, and may the blessing continue for a good long time thereafter! Be well, once again!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Freedomforall wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 10:56 pm
JennC03 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 3:55 pm Hello FFA just wanted to check in and see if you had an update regarding your situation? I hope you found a much better doctor to see and one willing to ease your mind about the surgery and the depths of what lies from having it,
hing

Hi Jenn,
Thank you for checking. It has been and continues to be a long arduous process. It took 25 days for insurance to finally approve the Petscan, which was inconclusive. They had the surgery scheduled for March 2nd, but have now scheduled it for next Wednesday do to things worsening, i.e. my ability to walk. I am dreading it but, the more time has elapsed the more it is clear that something must be done soon. I have only been sleeping maybe an hour every night due to pain. I can no longer lie down and must sleep sitting up. I have no pain medication to relieve the pain. It is so hard when you are awake, alone, and hurting.

I do not know what to expect when I wake up after surgery next week. Once they begin removing the masses from the nerves the risk of paralysis exist. Hopefully, I will talk to you all after the surgery.
I will be Praying for you.You have Moon's number call or text if you need anything even if it's someone to talk to.
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."