Drastic Temperature Changes

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Drastic Temperature Changes

Post by Uncle Al »

Today, December 31st, 2021, here in North Texas, USA, we had high temps in the low 70's(F).
For New Years Day, our high temps are to be in the low to mid 60's(F) and Sunday, January 2nd,
our high temps are supposed to be in the mid 30's(F).

WINTER IS COMING!🥶

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Drastic Temperature Changes

Post by moonshadow »

We haven't ran the heat in over a week, Christmas day and the day after we actually had the windows open, and we'd have left them open to the current day if not for the rain.

A couple nights I actually had my bedroom window open at night, and one night I had a fan in it!

Today it's quite windy (windy enough that I'm actually going to wear my bibs instead of a skirt as I don't feel like fighting with it all day). It's the kind of wind that you can feel shake the house, but it is still warm.

I would say this is strange weather... but now I think it's just normal. A steady cold winter....? now that would be unusual!

I'm leaving the Christmas tree up for a while longer... December 2021 was kind of a bust for me. I spent most of the month working and never really got to enjoy the holidays, unlike everybody else in the department (yes I'm a little disgruntled about that). But anyway I'm just not ready to take it down yet. 2021 still has some unfinished business I'm working out.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

According to the weather prognosticator the rest of the week will be in the 70s near 80. On Monday the daytime temperatures drop to the low to mid 50s with the nighttime temps in the low to mid 30s, all temperatures are degrees F. They are expected to stay there until Monday a week. We have had the AC on for most of the past week in fact it is on now. The current outside temperature is 78 degrees F or 25.5 degrees centipede.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Here down south, yesterday reached 38 C, far too hot, today only 30C but humid, even worse.

John
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Seasons Freezing Greeting from Minneapolis Minnesota USA

Just a slight chilling breeze across the bow or is that brow:

https://weather.com/weather/today/l/7ea ... 8730745de0

-6F now
Feels like -22 windchill factor

Expect frostbite on bare skin in less than 30 minutes

Hot water thrown into the air results in a burst of instant ice pellets - like a 4th of July fireworks sprayed across the sky

Coldest spot in the lower 48 and most of coastal Alaska

Just wish we could freeze this covid out of our lives

Let's hope for a better year than the last two !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

On this sainted Isle they don't allow drastic temperature changes. They legislated against all that when they installed the North Atlantic drift, which despite gloom-and-doomists continues to give us temperate conditions well above 50 deg. North.

This New Year period has seen record all-day mild temps., mostly dry & sunny, to boot and favouring outdoor activities. No doubt the wethermen are storing nasties for us up to March. Four years ago we had about a meter of snow in early March which they didn't get rid of for a good month. We haven't had any since.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Moon, the tradition here is that Xmas decorations come down on Twelfth night, obviously the twelfth night after Xmas Day.

As for temperature we are being told that a cold spell is on the way, perhaps even with some snow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Kirbstone » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:47 pm

On this sainted Isle they don't allow drastic temperature changes. They legislated against all that when they installed the North Atlantic drift, which despite gloom-and-doomists continues to give us temperate conditions well above 50 deg. North.
Ah, the power of good legislation. When living in the Rogue Valley we told folks we had trained our snow to stay in the mountains near the ski runs and leave the valley floor alone for other play. It mostly works save a few flakes acting like recalcitrant teens. Perhaps mandated legislation is superior to education?
by r.m.anderson » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:35 pm

Seasons Freezing Greeting from Minneapolis Minnesota USA

Hot water thrown into the air results in a burst of instant ice pellets - like a 4th of July fireworks sprayed across the sky
Thank you RM for the flashback to our NWT 'days' (mostly with the sun below the horizon) and where our commonly -20 - -40F (same as -40C) would call for pranks on visitors -- tossing a cup of coffee over their head (just be sure your are outside!) brought forth a range of responses from heated to chilly!
by moonshadow » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:47 am

We haven't ran the heat in over a week,
Hey Moon, I think you need to start a new thread about the plastic surgery -- on your avatar!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Faldaguy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:24 am Hey Moon, I think you need to start a new thread about the plastic surgery -- on your avatar!
That's what a hot Christmas season does to the skin and hair... :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Drastic Change Update......

The day before yesterday, we had 92-95*F. :sunny:
Then a cold front came through our area. When I
went to bed last night, the temp was down to 63*F. :blue: :shaking:

Today, my nose is running and I'm sneezing quite a bit.
Must do laundry today :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Egads, my heart bleeds for you, Uncle Al. Just a few months ago you were complaining of bitter cold &c.

I'll quote that German expression once again: There's never bad weather, just unsuitable clothng.

Here on this little maritime damp rock the 'Spring' goes on forever, kicking off in early Feb. with mild weather that brings out a riot of Daffodils, but temps remain depressingly low (63 deg. Fathomless is more than OK) until June, and then it's iffy enough. The Irish en masse have of course voted FOR Global warming AND climate change !

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !