New Years Blessing

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

New Years Blessing

Post by Uncle Al »

Happy New Year 2022 JPG 2021-12-31.jpg
Here's to a much better year in 2022 :D
Salude :!:
:pint:
:dance:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Dottie

Re: New Years Blessing

Post by Dottie »

To you Uncle Al and all our fellow skirters, A Happy and Prosperous New Year
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

To all who live at the Skirt Cafe I want to wish you a better, more prosperous, and healthy new year.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

For this, I'll just crib Greg Lake's immortal lyrics, "I wish you a brave new Year. May all sadness, pain, and anguish leave your heart and let your road be clear."

This morning sitting in my Savannah, GA/USA hotel room, I came to the conclusion that the safest way to conclude this dratted year would be to simply lay in some Guinness and see 2021 off to the Hell it so richly deserves nice and safely. And thus so it shall be. "We got the tools, we got the talent!"

If nothing else, I seem to be leaving a wide wake in Savannah, oddly populated with smiles and happiness. I'll take that. Then commence the journey back to the frozen tundra.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

crfriend wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:51 am For this, I'll just crib Greg Lake's immortal lyrics, "I wish you a brave new Year. May all sadness, pain, and anguish leave your heart and let your road be clear. "

Hear, hear! A good new year to one and all.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

skirtyscot wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:57 am
Hear, hear! A good new year to one and all.
Agreed. :D

As the Seattle area is now a frozen tundra, I think I will watch a couple movies at home to celebrate.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Glad your Savannah trip is a success, Carl. I'll raise a glass of the black stuff to you, too.

We are experiencing record high temps for the time of year....14 deg. Centipede through the night.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:55 amGlad your Savannah trip is a success, Carl. I'll raise a glass of the black stuff to you, too.
It's had a few rocks in it, but I think it'll work out well enough.
We are experiencing record high temps for the time of year....14 deg. Centipede through the night.
The word is that it'll be 80 (F) tomorrow, and I may just have to make good that threat to wear the mini that I brought with me when a corresponding threat of "beach time" was thrown down. I'm hoping I can somehow finagle a picture of me near the griffin statue just off Bay Street, but the timeline for that possibility may be closing down soon.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Happy New Year All.
My toast can be in the Black Stuff too this Brave New Year. (non alcoholic Guinness, the taste and texture perfectly acceptable).
Lang may a' yer lums reek!
Steve.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

Happy New Year's everyone!!
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Happy new year to all from those of us downunder, and may 2022 bring many good things, and a return to a more normal life than that experienced over the last two years.

Pretty grey down here, around 26° to 30°C, and rain showers much of the last week, with the possibility of wearing the edge of cyclone Seth as he heads down the QLD coast over the next couple of days.