WHAT FASHION IS TODAY!!

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: WHAT FASHION IS TODAY!!

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:10 am I didn't because it pertains to America. I'd have liked to though.
Start one for England...
Then you can sign it... :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Jim wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:58 pm Here's a petition for you to sign:
https://www.change.org/p/fully-legalize ... -the-u-s-a
:D
You made me look up the actual laws here, and apparently the law says: nudity is forbidden in places where it is not appropriate. "Appropriate" is not defined anywhere. The case law is that judges are fairly lenient, as long as you're not going out of your way to bother anyone there's no penalty.

You could start a petition to clarify the law to allow it everywhere, but that risks opening the box and some Christian conservative party might make a point of it and we might end up further from where we started. You're going to find very few people supporting a law allowing people to come walk down main street in the nude.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

"It's not an offence to be naked in public in England and Wales but it does become an offence if it can be proved the person stripped off with the intention to upset and shock. The complainant has to prove this.

In Scottish law there is no statutory offence, just the common law offence of offending public decency - a strand of the breach of the peace. The test is essentially the same as in English law, that a member of the public has been put in a state of fear or alarm."

There is a guy called Stephen Gough aka The Naked Rambler who ha been arrested, persecuted, prosecuted and imprisoned for appearing naked in public so the unofficial status appears to be the opposite of the above. There are annual naked bike rides and some have been done in York without any police intimidation.

My view is that whilst the idea of appearing nude in public may be appealing there are far few days in the year where I would feel comfortable doing so. Most days it is far too cold, maybe the odd day in summer. So it doesn't come high enough on my agenda to try and do something about it. Why should I try and legislate for the 7 days, probably non-consecutive, in the year when it's warm enough? Also not sure if there's the demand for it.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Apart from the climate in Scotland not being conducive there are also the dreaded midges to contend with.
Brave man or woman who goes nude when they are around.
I think the naked rambler was originally found guilty of breach of the peace but he ignored that and carried on regardless.
That is what led to his subsequent arrest and conviction. Ironically, I don't think he made a lot of noise unless he screamed when the midges decided to dine at his expense.
Sinned is right, there isn't likely to be much naturist activity around here.
Steve
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Going naked is a cheaper option than buying a bundle of seams for $168.
Very few people show much flesh in my area of abode. I have recently had a spot cut out on my upper thigh, just below hem length. I can think of worse places to have suspect spots removed. Most of the year .............. avoid the sun ........... the rest, stay warm.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by denimini » Tue Dec 21, 2021 2:01 am

Going naked is a cheaper option than buying a bundle of seams for $168.
Very few people show much flesh in my area of abode. I have recently had a spot cut out on my upper thigh, just below hem length. I can think of worse places to have suspect spots removed. Most of the year .............. avoid the sun ........... the rest, stay warm.
''

Well, I do share Jim's bent for the pleasures of the sun without interference when it is a viable option (our sun deck) & agree it is another silly social convention; however I cannot concur with Anthony's conclusion that it is necessarily cheaper than a bundle of seams as the lack thereof, even the few to make a hat, have just set Medicare billings back about 50 grand to ream a silver dollar sized hole in my head and fill it back with some flank steak -- which led my Pa to say: "That gives a whole new meaning to getting your head out of your ass". (Hopefully that is not a rule breaker in this context.) So, Jim and friends ---watch that sun, a let your dermatologist get the grand view from your exposure.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

? Might be an improvement for plumbers.
https://picclick.com.au/R13-Keaton-Doub ... 42272.html
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I didn't understand the 'plumbers' reference. The pic. looks to me as though that bird has jeans shorts on, but a pair of jeans over that hanging down off her backside. Not pretty.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

pelmut wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:48 am There is a big difference between fashion and style: fashion shows conformity and lack of thought, style shows maturity of thought.   Clearly the members of this forum care far more about style than they do about fashion.
Yes, and images posted by members show that skirts can be worn with style. :D
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

STEVIE wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:20 pm
There is also a distinctive whiff of the green eyed monster lurking in this thread.
I freely admit huge envy of the younger folk their freedoms which we were never allowed.
It would certainly appear that I am not alone at any rate.
Steve.
I hope that in the long run something positive emerges from youthful experimentation. Such as young men trying modes of expression that have been denied to males.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

The reference to plumbers also applies to builders - builder's bum. The display of the bum crack when the jeans go downwards particularly when they bend over.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

The saggy-arse jeans simply brought to my mind the inevitable question of, "Does this make my arse look fat?" (The answer to which, when it involves jeans, is always, "Yes!", although that will get you no points at all in the interaction.)

To crib a line from Zorro the Gay Blade [0], "There is no shame in being poor -- only in dressing poorly!"

[0] Which see. it's full of juicy lines and double-entendre.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dublin trams are called 'Luas'.

Standing in the Luas one day, a girl asked her friend: 'Jacintha... Duzz dis skurt make me-ass look fah?'.......'Naw, Imelda, it's de chocklah-eeclairs!'

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Kirbstone wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 3:14 am Dublin trams are called 'Luas'.

Standing in the Luas one day, a girl asked her friend: 'Jacintha... Duzz dis skurt make me-ass look fah?'.......'Naw, Imelda, it's de chocklah-eeclairs!'

Tom
....and if Jacintha had been Seamus? May God have mercy on the foolhardy soul!
Tom, I can hear the richness of the brogue in that one, delightful. "Mrs Boyle" rather comes to mind actually.
Steve.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Jim wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:44 am I think both pictures should be acceptable for men or women.
I do too.

Everybody wears what they want.... no judgement.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.