Human Flight

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Human Flight

Post by Freedomforall »

This is uber neat! It is similar to a jetpack. Human flight is getting closer.

https://gravity.co/
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Human Flight

Post by Kirbstone »

What a jolly stocking-filler for christmas. Just what I always wanted, Santa. Must trot down my local Lidl's center aisle and see if they stock fuel for the things.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

I Suppose flying that would be a form of up-skirting
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Really cool, but for how long and how high before fuel runs out and you drop like a bag of flour??? The stress on your arms and shoulders would seem like it would be excessive.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, is there a peat briquette fuelled version for you? How many briquettes per hour of flight?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Naw Dennis,

Briquettes would be far too heavy to give a useful range. I've changed my mind and opted for a couple of electric rechargeble models instead. The other advantage is they'd be a lot quieter and I'll be able to converse with MOH as we fly along...... :idea: :cyclops: :eye:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

I think it was the Royal Marines experimented with a boarding of a vessel underway with one of those.
shadowfax
Member Extraordinaire

Post by shadowfax »

partlyscot wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:51 am I think it was the Royal Marines experimented with a boarding of a vessel underway with one of those.
Not aware of that particular experiment but not too surprising as Richard Browning, Gravity's founder, was in the Royal Marine Reserve for six years.
Here is Richard's bio for folks who may be interested.
https://gravity.co/inside-gravity/history