We Stand with Our Boys in Skirts

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

We Stand with Our Boys in Skirts

Post by moonshadow »

I'm not advertising this as it's not my product nor am I any way affiliated with the seller, but I just happened to come across this neat little decal a few weeks ago, and as the price was reasonable, I figured I'd order a couple. I've already got one affixed to my car and Amber stuck one on her car too!

For those who are interested, here is the link:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09C35KCKT?p ... ct_details

You can get custom sizes, this one is about four inches across.

And the finished product (attached to Jax):

ImageWe Stand with Our Boys in Skirts! by Moon Shadow, on Flickr
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Uncle Al

Re: We Stand with Our Boys in Skirts

Post by Uncle Al »

Love the idea and would gladly put one, or two, on my Suburban :D
Gotta do what you can, to promote Men(and boys) in Skirts :D

Have to wait until next year for these. Too many unexpected
rate increases for Home Insurance and Property Taxes :(

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Uncle Al wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:05 pm Gotta do what you can, to promote Men(and boys) in Skirts
Anime has been a large contributor towards eccentric lifestyles and overall gender freedom.

One matter that I always thought would go over well here on skritcafe that despite anime names such as "femboy", "trap" [0], etc, you'll notice that these characters are still considered boys for the most part. This was the source of my comment on Stu's thread, to which I meant no disrespect, nor was I attempting to be arrogant, but I do honestly believe that if skirts are going to have any major part of the male wardrobe, then the needle of what a man (or boy) is willing to wear is going to have to move ever so slightly towards the "feminine".

I can understand the blowback on this board as most here are of an older generation where things were most certainly different. However I see a future of gen Z and gen Alpha where boys won't be as bothered by anything perceived as "feminine" as those in older generations, nor do I think it's really going to be a "trans thing" like it tends to be today...

It really isn't a novel concept. After all, when women adopted pants, they knew they were wearing something "masculine", they didn't care, and did it anyway. Of course masculinity doesn't have the stigma that femininity does. We must change that.

Indeed, "we stand with our boys in skirts!" :D
Too many unexpected rate increases for Home Insurance and Property Taxes
I'll still have mine paid thought the mortgage escrow for another 11 years...

I'm sure insurance will go up as time goes on, but one thing about living in an old backward Appalachian county that's stuck in the past, is our tax rates also seem to be stuck in the 1980's! :mrgreen:

[0] Use them while you can, chances are those terms will be banned as offensive in the new "woke future"... :roll:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 pm One matter that I always thought would go over well here on skritcafe that despite anime names such as "femboy", "trap" [0], etc, you'll notice that these characters are still considered boys for the most part. This was the source of my comment on Stu's thread, to which I meant no disrespect, nor was I attempting to be arrogant, but I do honestly believe that if skirts are going to have any major part of the male wardrobe, then the needle of what a man (or boy) is willing to wear is going to have to move ever so slightly towards the "feminine".
An article popped up discussing “femboy” styles and I was hesitant to post it here afraid of blowback. They weren’t my styles, and I bristle a bit at the word, but the article included skirts for men and the styles weren’t too out there. I don’t think this generation of skirt wearers can escape “the feminine” connotations… this isn’t a bad thing.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Coder wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:31 pmOne matter that I always thought would go over well here on skritcafe that despite anime names such as "femboy", "trap" [0], etc, you'll notice that these characters are still considered boys for the most part.
It's not so much "blowback", but the fact that way too many men are too uncomfortable in their own skins for their own good. I've found that no matter what I may have covering the carcass at any moment is more than countered by my demeanour and overall behaviour. If I'm going to wear something in public, I'm going to own it and not back down -- for why should I back down and cower. It makes no sense.

Perhaps one of the most telling comments I get isn't about being beautiful but, comments about others being positively amazed how comfortable I am in who and what I am. It's taken a lifetime, but it's pretty well entrenched -- and it shows. Thus -- for me -- it's not a question of being "fem" or "trans" or any of the currently-twee terms. I am what I am, and I'm pleased with the result. It lets me act in ways that most guys have no clue about; it allows me to be gentle and affectionate; it allows me to embrace and enjoy my emotions; and it allows me to be more of a man than any amount of machismo could possibly confer.

So, it's not about becoming "feminine" -- it's about becoming fully male and embracing all the majesty, gentleness, grace, and power that lies within that domain, and to wield all of it wisely and with humanity.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Coder wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:31 pm
moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:16 pm One matter that I always thought would go over well here on skritcafe that despite anime names such as "femboy", "trap" [0], etc, you'll notice that these characters are still considered boys for the most part. This was the source of my comment on Stu's thread, to which I meant no disrespect, nor was I attempting to be arrogant, but I do honestly believe that if skirts are going to have any major part of the male wardrobe, then the needle of what a man (or boy) is willing to wear is going to have to move ever so slightly towards the "feminine".
An article popped up discussing “femboy” styles and I was hesitant to post it here afraid of blowback. They weren’t my styles, and I bristle a bit at the word, but the article included skirts for men and the styles weren’t too out there. I don’t think this generation of skirt wearers can escape “the feminine” connotations… this isn’t a bad thing.
I'm not sure your age Coder, but as for me, at the upper end of 40, I'm right smack in the middle (between 20 and 60), so I fancy that I can speak both generational languages pretty well. The word "femboy" doesn't bother me in the least, though I'd have to disagree on principle that I could be regarded as such. Maybe "fem" as I have tended to be over the years, but a "cute boy" I certainly AM NOT. Not that I don't sometimes wish I were.

I'd love to go back to 18 or so, with my full head of hair, my 26" waist, actually have accepting parents and live in an accepting society and try my hand at being a cute little "femboy". But alas, that just wasn't the world I lived in during the late 90's. I do envy those kids. I'll admit it. But it is what it is, and we can't turn back the hands of time, so I'll just have to do my best being a fem-guy, or maybe "man-witch", which also sounds like something you'd serve on a hamburger bun. :lol:

Times they are changing, and sometimes I think it's not so bad, laying all the corrupt politics to the side, I see a lot of potential in these upcoming generations. I'm eager to see what they bring to the table in the coming decades. I know millions of extreme right wing bible thumpers from my generation on back are trying their damnedest to put masculine hyper-patriarchal societal-religion back into the school system, but unless they can somehow "uninvent" the internet and memory-hole the last thirty years of social change... yeah, good luck with that! :mrgreen:

Here's to the femboys! woohoo!
-Andrea
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

It's good to hear you sounding optimistic again, Moon.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Dust wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:14 am It's good to hear you sounding optimistic again, Moon.
We decorated the Christmas tree tonight... always brings out the kid in me! :D

Not bad considering I'm about to go on call tomorrow on what it sure to be a dismal, short handed week ahead, but meh... That tree sure does look pretty! :santa:
-Andrea
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:14 pm So, it's not about becoming "feminine" -- it's about becoming fully male and embracing all the majesty, gentleness, grace, and power that lies within that domain, and to wield all of it wisely and with humanity.
A great description.
I am happy being a male ........ so long as I can be the sort of male I want to be.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:41 am
crfriend wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:14 pm So, it's not about becoming "feminine" -- it's about becoming fully male and embracing all the majesty, gentleness, grace, and power that lies within that domain, and to wield all of it wisely and with humanity.
A great description.
I am happy being a male ........ so long as I can be the sort of male I want to be.
I would go along with all of this and add that the potential to be called cute anything is way in my very distant past.
That said, I don't really care what others may label what I do as long as I am sure that I know what I am.
Moon, I am old enough to be your father and I promise that attitude like so many other things need not be based on one's age.
Steve,