HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Fred in Skirts »

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ONE AND ALL!
thanksgiving-celebration-traditional-dinner-table-setting-concep-concept-78712384.jpg
And to those of you that don't celebrate the Holiday have a wonderful day too!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by r.m.anderson »

Yeah --- "Happy *Bird* Day to you !

Well maybe not so much happy for the turkey bird !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I notice that the Swan and the Sturgeon are missing, but maybe they're due to be brought in for the 'Second Remove' !

Quite a feast!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Thanksgiving in New Zealand.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Grok wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:24 pm Thanksgiving in New Zealand.
Heh... for an "American tradition" it is a surprisingly "unAmerican" meal, and I mean that in all fun... :wink:

The food is so rich I find my digestive system is all topsy turvy for at least a week afterwards, as it's such a change from our normal diet.

Ahh, Thanksgiving, the meal that takes all freaking day to cook, but then you don't have to fire up the stove again until next Tuesday! :mrgreen:

Joyous Thanksgiving all!

I'm thankful to just be here.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Actually the New Zealand family did pretty good. That's a spread worthy of any American postcard!

I remember well the Thanksgiving days growing up, I lived with my grandmother (dad's mom) during my teens. I always like the little house filling up with the family, some rooms were standing room only. Grandma and the women would lay out their dishes, casseroles, desserts, etc along the kitchen counter "buffet style", everyone would line up and fill their plate and find there way off to some obscure corner of the house, or maybe around other like minds, the uncles with the uncles, the aunts with the aunts, all the kids finding a place to sit anywhere they could. If the weather was pleasant we might sit out on the porch and eat, drinking soda from Dixie cups, using plastic flatware and flimsy styrofoam plates.

Often times the cousins would get a game of foot ball going in the lower lot while the men would sit around complaining about the politics of the day while the women sat around and complained about the men... :lol:

Sometimes a fight would break out... sometimes not... But I don't think the law ever got called out.

Ahh... good times! :mrgreen: 8)
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Well today my daughter who is currently living with me ( Son-in-law and 1 grand son as well), fixed a Thanksgiving feast, son-in-law smoked a turkey. Aside from the turkey we had sweet potato casserole, mashed potatoes with herbs, dressing with gravy, cranberry sauce, Macaroni and cheese casserole. For dessert Pumpkin pie. I have three grandsons and two were here today. I am stuffed!!

The smoked turkey was moist and delirious, not dry as some I have had from other places.
Looking forward to turkey sandwiches for the next couple of days. :chef:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 10:31 pm The smoked turkey was moist and delirious, not dry as some I have had from other places.
Looking forward to turkey sandwiches for the next couple of days. :chef:
I know this is a typo but I like this description way better :D

For us this year we skipped the turkey - spiral sliced glazed ham, stuffing, potatoes and garlic, sweet potato casserole, and some desserts.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Discussion of regional variants. BTW, one of the comments seems to be referencing the Kiwi family that I linked to.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Fred, .... and turkey stew, and turkey curry, casserolled turkey ....

Over here turkeys tend to survive for a number of meals and an effort is made to use up the turky in a number of different formats.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

This is good too - turkey tetrazzini :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:38 pm Fred, .... and turkey stew, and turkey curry, casserolled turkey ....
Dennis,
Over here turkeys tend to survive for a number of meals and an effort is made to use up the turkey in a number of different formats.
I do not think anyone here makes stew or curry with turkey. there are some casserole recipes but not that many. By the time we get through with the bird there isn't much to make but turkey stock with the carcass.

One thing I love to do with the leftover turkey is make turkey sandwiches. 2 slices of bread, turkey meat, lettuce, tomato, a little mayonnaise and cranberry jelly.
Spread Mayo on one slice nice and thick, layer on turkey, tomato, lettuce and the cranberry jelly and top with the other slice of bread. YUMMMY
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Here's to lighting that holiday candle!

Picking up the Christmas Tree at the Red Barn, Damascus Virginia

ImageHappy Holidays from Moon Shadow! by Moon Shadow, on Flickr
-Andrea
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I really like that brilliantly coloured skirt with the whimsical hem on it. Well done!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!