HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Post by Sinned »

Fred, we can have EVERYTHING in a sandwich. When I was very young sugar sandwiches were popular. If it will fit between two slices of bread the someone, somewhere will have had it. What you described would be a bog-standard turkey sandwich. Yes, a curry over here can be made with turkey although the norm would be beef, chicken or pork. Anyway what is a turkey but a big chicken? So just substitute your normal meat for turkey to use it up. Job done.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 am Fred, we can have EVERYTHING in a sandwich. When I was very young sugar sandwiches were popular.
I remember those, Piece of bread, butter, sugar and the top piece of bread. I haven't had one of those in about a coons age..
Sinned wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:18 am Anyway what is a turkey but a big chicken? So just substitute your normal meat for turkey to use it up. Job done.
Well there is some differences between chicken and turkey,
1. Turkeys are much bigger.
2. Turkeys taste better.
3. Turkeys have a better reputation.

As for the current no longer resident turkey it is gone. With 5 people eating off it it lasted just 3 days. There wasn't enough to even make a half sandwich from let a lone soup. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

My great grandmother was alive until I was 19. When I was very young I used to delight in going to see her and having a inch and a half doorstop of bread from an uncut loaf spread thick with butter [0] and a loads of either home made raspberry or strawberry jam on top. Sandwiches made in such a manner, with ham or chicken filling, were, to me at least, a meal in themselves. At that stage the last of war-time rationing had just finished.

[0] Margarine was a suspicious modern fandangled matter. I have never really eater marge, it tastes funny to me. It seems that modern research is indicating that butter may not be as bad as was once thought and may have positive health benefits.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.