Things that we used to think were ok

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Things that we used to think were ok

Post by Freedomforall »

Isn't it funny how things evolve over time? What once was thought safe, suddenly causes cancer, etc. I was thinking this might make for an interesting thread if we all share things that used to be common practice. I read this weekend that Lysol used to be touted as a douche for women! Here are two articles that depict the lunatic beliefs held by some.
Interesting to note in one of the ads it says,"Smart women of Berlin are using Lysol for birth control."
Sheer manipulation on part of the media. It reminds me of an ad for a Mercedes I saw recently. The lady in the ad said she had reached point in her life that her car needed to reflect her status. I say malarkey!!! That is why I drive a 30 year old vehicle. I do not need anything to reflect my status.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... ol-218734/

https://www.motherjones.com/media/2012/ ... h-control/
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Things that we used to think were ok

Post by pelmut »

Freedomforall wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:29 pm "Smart women of Berlin are using Lysol for birth control."
You can use ordinary water for birth control  ...provided it is boiling and she pours it over him in the right place.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

pelmut wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:38 pm
Freedomforall wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:29 pm "Smart women of Berlin are using Lysol for birth control."
You can use ordinary water for birth control  ...provided it is boiling and she pours it over him in the right place.
A pair of loppers would also do the trick.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

moonshadow wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:56 pm A pair of loppers would also do the trick.
or a pair of house bricks brought sharply together?
Lorena Bobbitt could give advice too.
Steve.