Good times not allowed

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Good times not allowed

Post by moonshadow »

https://www.kentucky.com/news/local/edu ... 38721.html

While school board members and parents erupt into nationwide fights over bathrooms and racial matters and pointless culture wars....

meanwhie over in Hazard Kentucky, teenagers and staff were having a great time, laughing, cutting up, carrying on, and generally making memories....

Not so fast there... they crossed the line and an official "apology" was issued. School officials vowed to never let this happen again...

God forbid people smile and laugh... please, by all means, let's get back to the normal practice of hating each other....

Was it inappropriate? Maybe... probably... but for God's sake, they're seniors and and just having a good time.

Where was the harm??

America needs to pull the stick out of its ass.

Taking a peek at some of the commenters in the twitterverse... I see my opinion on this will likely be in the extreme minority.... But I can't help it, I see everyone smiling and laughing... in a world full of so much hate and division, outrage and fighting, the images made my heart happy to see. It's too bad the puritans put a stop to it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Good times not allowed

Post by denimini »

Moon, stop tormenting yourself with that stuff. There is so much of it out there; prudes, injustice, over-reacting ............ ignore it unless it involves you directly in meatspace.
Too depressing and no good for the blood pressure. If you want to pay pennance, try wearing a hair shirt instead of looking at comments on twitter.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Hazard Independent Superintendent Sondra Combs on Wednesday night issued a statement apologizing for photographs that showed inappropriate homecoming activities at Hazard High School including lap dances from young males and girls in Hooters t-shirts pretending to carry beer.
Ah, so the problem was that someone made photos. I suggest banning mobiles phones next time. If there's no evidence no-one can complain, right?
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

rode_kater wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:15 am Ah, so the problem was that someone made photos. I suggest banning mobiles phones next time. If there's no evidence no-one can complain, right?
Heh... what happens in Hazard stays in Hazard right? :wink:
denimini wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:06 am Moon, stop tormenting yourself with that stuff. There is so much of it out there; prudes, injustice, over-reacting ............ ignore it unless it involves you directly in meatspace.
Too depressing and no good for the blood pressure. If you want to pay pennance, try wearing a hair shirt instead of looking at comments on twitter.
True, but still yet I was surprised to see absolutely nobody thinking "uh... what's the big deal?". It just seems everyone flew into an outrage...

When I was in high school we had one day a year where everyone (if we chose to) would dress up as the opposite sex, and generally goof around all day and have fun, I admit I don't think we ever imitated lap dances over school officials, but I do recall the administration joining in on some of the rowdy fun all the same.

If these where kindergarteners then yes, obviously it would be extremely inappropriate, but for goodness sake half of those kids are probably 18 by now and the other half are well past the age of consent in some states... they're not doing anything that I'm sure nobody hasn't already seen on prime time TV, and it wasn't that long ago, those kids would have already been married off by now or fighting for their country anyway...

People need lighten up. When I saw that principle getting his belly tickled and laughing, I admit, I chuckled too...
Last edited by moonshadow on Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I mean I'd just like to see a show of hands...

Would you rather see a senior tickle a principle and imitate a lap dance where EVERYONE has obviously consented, laughing and having a good time...

Or a school shooting

Or a fight break out over bathrooms

Freaking Karens...
-Andrea
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stu »

Mildly inappropriate.

Nothing to get worked up over, though. Move on.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

In poor taste, but then again high-schoolers are not known for exhibiting good taste.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Another article I won't read, well I would, but I ain't disabling my ad blocker for the privilege.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:49 am I mean I'd just like to see a show of hands...

Would you rather see a senior tickle a principle and imitate a lap dance where EVERYONE has obviously consented, laughing and having a good time...

Or a school shooting

Or a fight break out over bathrooms

Freaking Karens...
I tend to concern myself with things like this as well. I am reminded of a quote that echoes my sentiments.

"“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” Attributed to Edmund Burke, including by John F Kennedy in a speech in 1961"
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Also, people who post outrageous comments on social media are akin to drunks in a bar. Most of the time these same people would never say things so outrageous in front of the person they were talking about. The keyboard works much the same as alcohol, it seems to release inhibitions and lower intelligence levels.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Stu wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:15 pm Mildly inappropriate.

Nothing to get worked up over, though. Move on.
Exactly... my rant is more geared over the outrage rather than the incident itself.
crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm In poor taste, but then again high-schoolers are not known for exhibiting good taste.
Agreed. Also... have a look at any hip hop music video and you will see things that make this look like a Sunday morning service.
Freedomforall wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:38 pm Also, people who post outrageous comments on social media are akin to drunks in a bar.
I popped a few comments in the sewer in defense of the school... I have now been accused of being a pedophile. I backed out. I forgot people don't know how to have a sensible debate.

As a wage earner trying to survive in a hurricane of cancel culture, I opted to delete the remarks before someone sets about destroying my life like they attempted to do in 2016.

Hence my point to Uncle AL earlier... as a retiree, he actually has more "freedom of speech" than those still hustling for a buck. I feel safer here [on skirt-cafe] because the casual observer doesn't know how to find me, all of the regulars here I pretty much trust after six years.
-Andrea
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:24 pm In poor taste, but then again high-schoolers are not known for exhibiting good taste.
But the principal should have known better...
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Indeed. This was a failure in supervision. Kids will be kids.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

moonshadow wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:12 pm I feel safer here [on skirt-cafe] because the casual observer doesn't know how to find me, all of the regulars here I pretty much trust after six years.

OK everyone, let's all dox Moonshadow! I bet it's really easy! I reckon his real name is Brian and he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy. :mrgreen:

😇
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

skirtyscot wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:04 pmI reckon his real name is Brian and he's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy.
"Always look on the bright side of life", so the song goes, and it's very apropos at times.

I recall the time when I got the sack in 2001 at the height of the dot-comic bust in the USA and my good friend and co-worker were taking my personal stuff from the office down to my car -- a pallet or two worth, so large was the pile. When we got into the lift it was all sadness bordering on tears. Once the doors closed, I whistled six notes from the above piece of music and by the time we got to the ground floor we could barely stand because of the laughter or see through the tears caused by the laughter.

"... and engage in false sects!" // "Did he just say, 'forced sex?'" // "Let's listen to this guy!"

Or all the women at the public stoning using fake deep voices...