Up skirting in New York....

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Up skirting in New York....

Post by Fred in Skirts »

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Up skirting in New York....

Post by STEVIE »

Can we really believe that no one saw the potential in a mirrored floor, really?
Actually, perfect place for voyeurs and exhibitionists to come together.
Steve.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

Nice. I was at an Escher exhibition in Genova that also had a mirrored floor (not as nice as this one though) and I never even thought of this issue. I don't remember a sign either.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I note that some really aren't bothered about the exposure. So why should we be overly-sensitive about exposing a flash of knicker? I would not have any objection to appearing in a skirt. If someone would really enjoy getting a view of what was under the skirt then I hope it blinds them! :twisted:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Yeah Sinned,
There could even be special events charged at $150-$300 for "tasteful" photo shoots or even a new form of speed dating.
I think I will stop there, some of the potential themes could get one placed on the Sex Offenders' Register in this country.
Sure accidental exposure happens but not everyone takes it with your levity.
However, as a money making hyped up hot spot?
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

I would advise ANYONE who has spatial orientation difficulties,
to avoid going there. I, for one, would have a small problem
with this location.

Many years ago(current too) I had problems being on a ladder.
Yet, I have no problems with heights when flying. I think it is
the 'focal point' of seeing the ladder on the ground and me up
many steps. I can 'see' the distance. I don't have that reference
point staring me in the face, when I'm flying.

Many years ago, I used to enjoy flying acrobatics. Yet, get me
on a 12' ladder and I'm jello.

Go Figure ;)

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Coder »

Uncle Al wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:34 pm Many years ago, I used to enjoy flying acrobatics. Yet, get me

Go Figure ;)

Uncle Al
Which leads to an important question seeking clarification: was this as a spectator or participant? :D
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Coder wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:13 pm
Uncle Al wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:34 pm Many years ago, I used to enjoy flying acrobatics. Yet, get me

Go Figure ;)

Uncle Al
Which leads to an important question seeking clarification: was this as a spectator or participant? :D
Participant :!:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

I took a look at the imagery of the venue, and given that it's all mirrors I suspect I'd have a very bad time of it indeed because there's no solid frame of reference.

Back when I could fly, I had no issue about being 35,000 feet in the air. Likewise, I can look straight down from the roof of a 50 storey building and be fine with it. Put me on a 12-foot ladder, though, and I hated it. It's the difference between a clean kill (which anything over about 100 feet is) and the "mangle zone" where you merely wind up badly injured and possibly paralysed that makes the difference.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I'd be open to being in a mirror room, but I don't like the idea of being that high up. So that will be a HARD PASS from me...

Like U.A. I too don't care for ladders. Just yesterday I forced my way up a vertical fixed ladder in the center of a Sam's Club back room... and you know how high the ceilings are in those buildings

It's nowhere I'd want to relax.. but I try not to think about it.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rode_kater »

I remember when we went skydiving as a business outing. At one point you have to sit in the door of the plane looking down. Strangely enough, it wasn't really scary at all. The ground is so far away that doesn't seem real, like someone has projected a picture on a screen. Even after you're hanging on the parachute it's kind of abstract until the last minute when you suddenly see it's coming at you quite fast and you go ooooooh sh*t.....
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:00 pm I note that some really aren't bothered about the exposure. So why should we be overly-sensitive about exposing a flash of knicker? I would not have any objection to appearing in a skirt. If someone would really enjoy getting a view of what was under the skirt then I hope it blinds them! :twisted:
I doubt that anyone would see more there than they would at the beach.

I would go in a skirt. My normal strategy of dark unmentionables would not work so well in that environment. Perhaps shiny silver would be the go ....... or wear a high powered LED headlamp under the skirt as well, which would be a blinding experience for those looking. They really would think that the sun ................

I wouldn't wear a kilt, although it might save an episode of Myth Busters.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

The height of my ezperiences was in days before drones when I needed some aerial photos of a National Park. A small plane was hired and I asked the pilot if he could take the door off so I wasn't shooting through perspex. Well, it was far more windy than we expected and immediately after take off we were catching camera cases, log books and all sorts of things before they went out the door.
I found it difficult to hold the camera steady with the wind buffetting and had to put my foot out onto the wing to steady myself. To make matters worse, as not to have the wing in the frame the pilot had to bank the plane. I was busy trying to get the best shots possible but I did have a thought in the back of my mind about the reliablility of the seat belt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

denimini wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:28 am The height of my ezperiences was in days before drones when I needed some aerial photos of a National Park. A small plane was hired and I asked the pilot if he could take the door off so I wasn't shooting through perspex. Well, it was far more windy than we expected and immediately after take off we were catching camera cases, log books and all sorts of things before they went out the door.
I found it difficult to hold the camera steady with the wind buffetting and had to put my foot out onto the wing to steady myself. To make matters worse, as not to have the wing in the frame the pilot had to bank the plane. I was busy trying to get the best shots possible but I did have a thought in the back of my mind about the reliablility of the seat belt.
I did a photo shoot for a client that owned the airplane - he cut a small 6x6 inch hole in the bottom of the aircraft floor - fastened a door closing -
Arrived at the spot that photos were to be taken - remove door cover - shoot away looking straight down - a little noise but no wind buffeting - mission accomplished - replaced door cover.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I was nervous about climbing ladders until I had to work on a building site supervising the installation of metal cladding systems. Walking along rsj[0] rafters 20ft in the air tends to lessen the fear of heights. Now I am not so bad - just careful and without the collywobbles I had when younger. In training for the Parachute Regiment their first jump is apparently done from dry land then from a platform under a tethered balloon. It is done as apparently the ground is close enough to generate a higher fear factor that jumping from an aeroplane doesn't. Not that I would know, really. There was a series on the Beeb following the Para training and how they learn to jump.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.