R.I.P. General Colin Powell

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

R.I.P. General Colin Powell

Post by Uncle Al »

Colin Powell, first Black US secretary of state, dies of Covid-19 complications amid cancer battle
"General Colin L. Powell, former U.S. Secretary of State and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, passed away this morning(Monday, October 18, 2021) due to complications from Covid 19," the Powell family wrote on Facebook, noting he was fully vaccinated. He was 84.
Powell had multiple myeloma, a cancer of plasma cells that suppresses the body's immune response, as well as Parkinson's, Peggy Cifrino, Powell's longtime chief of staff, confirmed to CNN. Even if fully vaccinated against Covid-19, those who are immunocompromised are at greater risk from the virus.
:( :(
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. General Colin Powell

Post by Ray »

One of the good ones. Didn’t get everything right - but mostly did.

The president that wasn’t. A man of integrity.

RIP.
Brad
Member Extraordinaire

Re: R.I.P. General Colin Powell

Post by Brad »

I admire General Powell in many ways. He grew up in the South Bronx with a less than stellar high school grade average. But he then attended City College of New York and joined the ROTC program. Although he started as a Republican, when he felt they were leaning too much to the right, he started supporting Democrats.

Multiple Myeloma is an awful disease. I lost a best friend to it last year. There is no cure. The disease attacks the white blood cells and eventually weakens the bones, leading to severe pain and disability.

My deepest sympathies are extended to his family.