hello old friends

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

hello old friends

Post by oldsalt1 »

Haven't been around for a while been dealing with some medical problems . Hope to get back into things. Hey Moon I am downsizing just rented a condo unit in Leisure village Ridge NY
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: hello old friends

Post by crfriend »

Hi Dan! It's good to read you again. Sorry to hear about all the grief from another thread.

We were getting worried.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

You're now in the town my grandma used to live in!

She passed away about a month ago, but she hasn't lived in New York since the early 2000s.

We're planning a trip to Long Island next spring to scatter ashes and pay our respects along with family... if the plans hold true, I'll have to PM you... maybe grab a bite.

Additionally I'm aiming to take a whole week if I can manage it so I may take a little side trip to Massachusetts and meet our master batista while I'm in the region.

I was starting to wonder if the 'rona gotcha... glad to see you're still on this side of the grass!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by moonshadow » Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:08 am

You're now in the town my grandma used to live in!

She passed away about a month ago, but she hasn't lived in New York since the early 2000s.

We're planning a trip to Long Island next spring to scatter ashes and pay our respects along with family... if the plans hold true, I'll have to PM you... maybe grab a bite.

Additionally I'm aiming to take a whole week if I can manage it so I may take a little side trip to Massachusetts and meet our master batista while I'm in the region.

I was starting to wonder if the 'rona gotcha... glad to see you're still on this side of the grass!
Hey Moon, your typo gave me a smile -- I can just see Carl, Casey Jones style armed with his bat taking on the world!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Hello Dan, sorry to hear about your troubles. Unfortunately it's a consequence of getting older. I know, I know. Hope we have a few more discussions soon. Civilly, of course.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

OS. Glad you're back. Main thing is you're on the mend. Dennis sez it's a consequence of growing older. Join the Club, queue this side, please. So speaks a Senior member!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Faldaguy wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:03 pmHey Moon, your typo gave me a smile -- I can just see Carl, Casey Jones style armed with his bat taking on the world!
The problem is is that I'd be trying to hit this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqidD7kVnxY

And I'm not even of Cuban descent...
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Hi Dan
Welcome back, you were missed while you were gone.
I hope you are getting better and will stick around for a little while longer.
Fred
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Glad to know that you are still on the planet. Always a worry when we don't hear from someone for a while, especially in a pandemic.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by crfriend » Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:18 pm
Faldaguy wrote: ↑Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:03 pm
Hey Moon, your typo gave me a smile -- I can just see Carl, Casey Jones style armed with his bat taking on the world!
The problem is is that I'd be trying to hit this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqidD7kVnxY
Carl, I'm not sure I'd want to be on either end of that ball's trajectory! Amazing bit of engineering -- they got the pitching end covered -- what are you gonna put up for the batter? It may require some rule changes for the home run!

BTW: Do you have your own autographed Patreon baseball?
Last edited by Uncle Al on Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Hola Dan,

Good to have a bit of salt back in the cafe; and the cafe is good for body & mind too, so load up on a heap of health-giving verbosity!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Faldaguy wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:03 amCarl, I'm not sure I'd want to be on either end of that ball's trajectory! Amazing bit of engineering -- they got the pitching end covered -- what are you gonna put up for the batter? It may require some rule changes for the home run!
I'd not want to be, either! It's impressive to be sure -- and it can throw heat very well -- but can it throw a sinker or a knuckleball?

Clearly to return the pitch will take something more robust than a Louisville Slugger. I'm thinking a kevlar trampoline with heavy springs as as a starting point.
BTW: Do you have your own autographed Patreon baseball?
Nope.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

I think you should rectify that; perhaps they give discounts for the used ones!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hi Dan,

After drifting away from SC for a while I've been around a bit again lately, and I'd noticed your absence. You had me worried, so I'm relieved to hear that you're OK.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Welcome back! Glad to hear you are on the mend.