New family member

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

New family member

Post by Freedomforall »

Two years ago I saw a tiny kitten going under my neighbor's mini barn. She said it wasn't hers, so I started feeding it. It took two years and patience for me to gain the trust of this wonderful creature. Meet Moonglow. He loves cuddling!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Uncle Al

Re: New family member

Post by Uncle Al »

:D :D :D :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Freedomforall wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:20 am Two years ago I saw a tiny kitten going under my neighbor's mini barn. She said it wasn't hers, so I started feeding it. It took two years and patience for me to gain the trust of this wonderful creature. Meet Moonglow. He loves cuddling!
Aww nice!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Lovely looking puss, FFA. Great thing about that sort of 'new family member' is you don't have to budget for school fees!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

So cuuute!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

English lesson: Too many u's ! Try Qt ! :wink:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Freedomforall
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Freedomforall »

Kirbstone wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:05 pm English lesson: Too many u's ! Try Qt ! :wink:

Tom
True. I had cats growing up and they were "cuddly" cats. He loves to cuddle. He also talks a lot. I do not know that I have ever heard a cat talk this much!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I've had cats pretty much since I've been causing problems in this world, and I'm happy when I have one sleeping next to me on the bed. Unfortunately my wife would prefer not to have one on the bed, and certainly not in the bed.

Currently have two, one must be nearly 16, the other turns 13 at the end of January next year, before that an amazing Russian Blue cat who was always with me, and slept in the bed next to me with her head on the pillow, purring. When I moved trans-tasman to Australia, I brought her with me when she was nearly 14 years old.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

75ina, I'm with your wife with this one. We have several cats [0] and I don't like them in the bedroom either but I mostly get over-ruled by my wife. There were 4 on the bed the other night which disturbed my sleep. I had a lousy night and I have put my foot down to only have 2 cats in the bedroom. I would prefer none but it's a compromise of sorts.

[0] Any more than 2 is too many for me.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

The trouble is that once a cat has setted down on your lap, you are incapussitated until it decides to move.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 pmThere were 4 [cats] on the bed the other night which disturbed my sleep. I had a lousy night and I have put my foot down to only have 2 cats in the bedroom. I would prefer none but it's a compromise of sorts.
The number of cats on the bed is usually an inverse function of the temperature. The colder it is, the more cats there are. Recall the old group named "Three Dog Night" -- same principle. I have fond memories of twelve cat nights (plus the two humans) on a king-size bed.

That said, I am a "cat person".
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

pelmut wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:22 pmThe trouble is that once a cat has setted down on your lap, you are incapussitated until it decides to move.
There's a reason why I like the company of this cast of characters!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Sinned wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:29 pm 75ina, I'm with your wife with this one. We have several cats [0] and I don't like them in the bedroom either but I mostly get over-ruled by my wife. There were 4 on the bed the other night which disturbed my sleep. I had a lousy night and I have put my foot down to only have 2 cats in the bedroom. I would prefer none but it's a compromise of sorts.

[0] Any more than 2 is too many for me.
2 is 2 many for me.
I do not like cats, I like dogs but not in my bed, I currently have 2 living with me. Both are very well behaved and do not make any messes in the house, they have a doggy door so they make good use of it.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

crfriend wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 10:27 pm
pelmut wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:22 pmThe trouble is that once a cat has setted down on your lap, you are incapussitated until it decides to move.
There's a reason why I like the company of this cast of characters!
I claim no credit for that, it came from my late lamented friend Peter Copeland.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

pelmut, I have no trouble moving a cat that's on my lap. I gently pick it up and deposit it on the floor. Easy. I suppose that I could be considered "cat neutral".
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.