Shipping and trade delays

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Shipping and trade delays

Post by Uncle Al »

Have you ever wondered why products seem to be disappearing or in short supply :?:

Record backlog of cargo ships at California ports.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Shipping and trade delays

Post by r.m.anderson »

There are enough containers on those ship to keep the intermodular trains running to Christmas NEXT YEAR !
What do you want for next Christmas from last years stock ?

And I wonder if that Suez Canal ship "EverGreen" ever reached a port to unload its 10k+ lot of containers ?

Problem is not enough truck drivers to move the stuff when it gets on land.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Yes, damn.
I ordered some carburettor parts from the US and got the following message
vendor wrote: The U.S. Postal Service has TEMPORARILY suspended First Class Package International Service (as of September 3, 2021) and Priority Mail International (as of September 17, 2021) delivery to Australia due to carrier issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.Sep 2, 2021
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

denimini wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:20 am Yes, damn.
I ordered some carburettor parts from the US and got the following message
vendor wrote: The U.S. Postal Service has TEMPORARILY suspended First Class Package International Service (as of September 3, 2021) and Priority Mail International (as of September 17, 2021) delivery to Australia due to carrier issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.Sep 2, 2021
I doubt it has anything to do with covid-19 at this juncture.

Covid-19 is just the politically correct scapegoat for the real problem, and that problem is our economy has all but ground to a halt due to a severe labor shortage.

I can't even get brazing gases for work... brazing gases... yes there is even a shortage on those! Wait until techs can no longer maintain refrigeration units for lack of supplies... watch what happens when grocery stores have to cease selling frozen foods due to their freezers being down permanently.

Our politicians better WAKE UP and get people back to work... enough of this tomfoolery.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

r.m.anderson wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:02 am I wonder if that Suez Canal ship "EverGreen" ever reached a port to unload its 10k+ lot of containers ?
Evergreen is the shipping line; the ship is the Ever Given. It reached Felixstowe in England on August 3, and as I write it's at anchor off the Chinese port of Qingdao -- possibly waiting while they hunt around for some empty containers to load up.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

"We continue to monitor a host of variables; disruptions continue at every node in the supply chain," he said.

The worldwide supply chain is more complex than most people can comprehend. It is extremely fragile. The world as it exists, as it applies to us humans, is a very complex thing, I'm surprised it works at all, sometimes.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

www.marinetraffic.com will give some idea as to the number of ships waiting outside ports.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'm interested to read that you are experiencing shortages on your side of the pond. It can only get worse.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

I'm hoping that there's no significant delays with the service from not just the USPS but Australia Post as well...

I've ordered some PCB microwave antennas from a company in Texas, USA..

So far tracking has seen the item accepted at Euless, TX, from there to the USPS sorting centre at Fort Worth, TX, then on to Chicago, IL where it has cleared outbound customs inspection.

Wondering how long it will take to turn up here in Brisbane, Australia.....
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:14 am I've ordered some PCB microwave antennas from a company in Texas, USA..

So far tracking has seen the item accepted at Euless, TX, from there to the USPS sorting centre at Fort Worth, TX, then on to Chicago, IL where it has cleared outbound customs inspection.
If you order from Purple Rain Adventure Skirts (something I've never regretted doing), you'll find that your packet enjoys an even more eventful tour of the US before undertaking its ocean crossing.

In the UK, First Class Post means next-day delivery, or at worst the day after. Its US counterpart seems considerably more leisurely...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

The current postal service in our town.
thing_20210927_114027crs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Wow, who knew? It could take years to get the JIT system back to normal, if ever.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:02 pmWow, who knew? It could take years to get the JIT system back to normal, if ever.
"Just In Time" only works when things are going perfectly and unravels with astonishing speed when the slightest little glitch appears.

The astute get this; the profiteers do not.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!