Fred pays a visit

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Fred pays a visit

Post by moonshadow »

Lots of wet weather today...

I hear the sump pump running downstairs...

Must be Fred dropping in to say hello...
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Fred pays a visit

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I'm sorry to hear I made a mess of your basement Moon. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You should see what I did to South Carolina, tornadoes, Sever lightning, flooding, rivers out of their banks, high winds and lots of damage..... :evil:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Some how I don't see Fred in Skirts wearing skirts here - - -
Picture an ole man in robe and with every finger wave a bolt of lightening cast forth -
Really Fred must tone it down - this global warming is getting to you - cool it if you can ! LOL !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

We have that French rogue, Henri, tapping at our window right now. I’m off to see if I have any hatches to batten down :-)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I think I am missing something here. I have no knowledge of these people.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

"Fred" was a tropical storm (moderate cyclone) that passed through the Appalachian Mountains a week or so ago, and Henri is a low-grade hurricane (one strep up from a tropical storm) that's in the process of coming shore in Rhode Island.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Depends on the company you keep. With friends like those, who needs enemies?

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yes, Tom, we generally get the aftermath of them when they bounce off the land mass and become a bit geriatric - a shadow of their former selves. Even so they can still cause a wee bit of trouble.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Sailor's hat on here, Dennis....

Just North of the fabled Fastnet Rock is the S.W. end of our little landmass known as the Mizen, with the Three Castles Head just North of that. Vertical black cliffs fronting all that the Atlantic Sou-Westerlies can throw at them.
Big rollers driven by a force 8 are met by those going back out, having bounced off those cliffs resulting in peaks & troughs measuring some eight meters high.
Rounding that headland area under motor and showing just handkerchiefs of reefed sail is challenging indeed and not for the feint-hearted. In recent years I was dealt these conditions twice and the weather calls all the shots. Fortunately modern sailboats are built tough, but one does rely on that.

Btw. A fairground roller-coaster ride lasts about three minutes. Rounding the Mizen takes ca. four hours!

Tom
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I am not a sailor, Tom. I get sea sick on a flat sea trip on holiday. So rather you than me - I admire your bravery and skill for traversing those conditions.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis,

Over the years I have made two close sailing friends, both of whom get sea-sick at the start of a journey and resort to taking Stugeron, which calms the tummy, but sends them to sleep!, so they go below to comfort & somnolescence.
Enter Muggins here with (very fortunately) a cast-iron stomach, but a spectacle wearer. At sea in an open cockpit in the pouring rain I cannot compete with crew who use their naked eyes. Good to have 'em on board, but they need to be free of the dreaded lurgy!

Best be an armchair adventurer!

Tom