Mother-Father Mystery

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Mother-Father Mystery

Post by moonshadow »

As promised in another thread (link)

This is a rather long lecture (about 1.5 hours), but if you're taking a long drive, or have a little time to kill at the auto shop, doctors office, etc, you may cue this up and give it a listen.

https://youtu.be/RnLy5QekhxM

This is probably my favorite of the Manly Hall lectures, recorded in the late 1950's he covers a great many topics while centering around one main core topic, that being the Mother-Father mystery. Subjects such as, what is the role of the child as he grows up? He covers authoritarianism vs creativity, what freedom really means, and how we improperly use our freedom to restrict the freedoms of others.

I found the lecture to be quite enlightening and offering a bit of fresh air as our current social/political climate threatens fascism from all sides.

The lecture honestly made me feel a little better about being a societal odd ball.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.