5614 post

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

5614 post

Post by moonshadow »

Including this one.

I just realized this is how many times I've posted on this website. I don't know how to rank the posting of members, but it would seem from my layman's perspective that I am second only to crfriend who currently holds over 12,000 post.

Am I coming in second?

I really need to get a life! :lol:

Well, we've all seen those post from new people who come in, post once or twice never to be heard from again, well, one thing is for certain, old Moon ain't no "one hit wonder"... :mrgreen:

This is also the longest running active membership I've ever had at any online forum... ever. Normally I lose interest by now and move on, but you all have been a great audience.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: 5614 post

Post by crfriend »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:59 amI really need to get a life! :lol:
Ouch! What about me?

However, I've been at it a good deal longer... (and still likely need a life.)
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 1:04 am
moonshadow wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:59 amI really need to get a life! :lol:
Ouch! What about me?

However, I've been at it a good deal longer... (and still likely need a life.)
Ah, but you've been at since 2004, I'm not sure how many you had in by the time I joined in 2015 (11 years later), but it would seem I'd be slated to overtake you in about 20 years... :wink:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:59 am Including this one.

I just realized this is how many times I've posted on this website. I don't know how to rank the posting of members, but it would seem from my layman's perspective that I am second only to crfriend who currently holds over 12,000 post.

Am I coming in second?
Yes, you're second. You can click on "Members" at the bottom of each page, then click on "Posts" to order members by how many posts they've made. I'm way down at 28th.
Elisabetta
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Elisabetta »

moonshadow wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:59 am Including this one.

Am I coming in second?

I really need to get a life! :lol:

Well, we've all seen those post from new people who come in, post once or twice never to be heard from again, well, one thing is for certain, old Moon ain't no "one hit wonder"... :mrgreen:

This is also the longest running active membership I've ever had at any online forum... ever. Normally I lose interest by now and move on, but you all have been a great audience.
Can’t believe you’ve posted that many times.Man you do need a life 😂
"When life gets blurry adjust your focus."
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

Jim wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:06 am....You can click on "Members" at the bottom of each page, then click on "Posts" to order members by how many posts they've made.
Thanks for the info Jim :D I did that on the 'home page' and
I see that I'm in the "Top Ten"(is that good or bad ;) )

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Members posting in this thread in join date order:

UncleAl
21Oct2003

rmanderson
07Nov2004

crfriend
19Nov2004

Jim
26Aug2012

moonshadow
08Aug2015

JennC03
20Nov2015
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

You folks are a long way ahead of me, I'm only up to 264.

Congratulations on the totals, and Moon, you've been a member for a similar time span to me, although I had found the cafe some time before I joined.
Perhaps there should be recognition for say 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000, 12500 etc posts...

I have a long way to go..
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:56 am Perhaps there should be recognition for say 1000, 2500, 5000, 7500, 10000, 12500 etc posts...
Hmmmmm, quantity over quality?
How about we do nominations for a "Best Post" in each of the sections?
Annual event which for the life of me a title is not forthcoming.
"The Bobs"?
Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I see that I'm 4th, only 3 behind Tom ( 2 after this post ). I really didn't realise that I had posted so many. Wow.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis,

We're all different. I didn't think it was competitive to score 'posts' points. As to content &c, I'll never spend enough time on the computer to enter or engage in most of the knotty issues that appear here. They are mainly American anyway and I'll pass on those.

As to UK issues, I'm almost surprised not the have heard mutterings about an Independent Yorkshire of late. :eye:

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, Scotland has the independence baton at the moment. We want to see how much they have to fork out to define their own currency and demutualise before we even think about indy-pen-dance. We canny Yorkies know that it may be throwing good money after bad. Anyway AFAIK we in broad voted to leave the EU so don't want to rejoin.

As to post totals, I hadn't even thought about league tables so it's Moon's fault [0]. I post when I feel that I have something to contribute, simple as that. What amazes, ans pleases, me is when we get a post out of the blue from someone who has not posted for a while showing that we ( but Carl may ) don't realise who is reading our posts. What irks is new members who make two or three posts and then nothing more. I find that I get more stimulation from contributing.

[0] As Moon will appreciate - it's always Moon's fault! :lol:
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Sinned wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 pmWhat amazes, ans pleases, me is when we get a post out of the blue from someone who has not posted for a while showing that we ( but Carl may ) don't realise who is reading our posts.
I suppose I could figure that out, but don't bother as it's really none of my business -- in the same vein that I stay out of the private-message tables. Just because I can do something does not mean that I do something, especially if it's ethically wrong.
[0] As Moon will appreciate - it's always Moon's fault! :lol:
I suspect that's Jenn's conclusion as well. :twisted:
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

crfriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:49 pm [0]
As Moon will appreciate - it's always Moon's fault!
I suspect that's Jenn's conclusion as well.
Indeed, except that one time when it wasn't... I had her to record the incident on a sticky paper to which it I left it attached to the wall as a reminder of that one time... "I was right"

It hasn't happened since then... :wink:
Sinned wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:16 pm What irks is new members who make two or three posts and then nothing more. I find that I get more stimulation from contributing.
That bugs me too, and frankly is one of the reasons I don't spend a lot of time in "introductions".... odds are favorable 99% of them are one post wonders... I invest all that time engaging them only to see them never return.

I shouldn't feel that way, but I can't help it... I like to engage members that reciprocate.
-Andrea
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

But for a guy who doesn't even like coffee... I sure spend a lot of time in a virtual coffee shop... :mrgreen:

It's like first day...Carl (master batista) walks up...

"Welcome, what'll ya have?"

"You got tea?"

"Sure do...!"

"I see you're from Massachusetts, you got sweet tea?"

"We can make it sweet..."

"Naw... I don't want you dumping sugar packets in it... that's not the same... I mean real southern tea.."

"No sir"

"Well let me brew you some"

And now skirtcafe has southern iced tea and before you know it, along comes Fred and all sorts of other southerners! :lol:
-Andrea