Have a Laugh

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Have a Laugh

Post by Uncle Al »

Spider down the drain JPG 2021-04-23.jpg
Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Uncle Al

Re: Have a Laugh

Post by Uncle Al »

Month called May JPG 2021-05-13.jpg
Uncle Al
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

A new definition for gardening in your underwear :arrow:
Breast Inplants JPG 2021-05-13.jpg
:hide:

Uncle Al
Kilted Organist/Musician
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

Bear attack survivors!!

I'd rather wear a skirt than these silly jeans.

I still wouldn't mind some ice cream 🍦
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

How convenient that there are no claw-marks or scars. We have fakers (as opposed to fakirs) here -- posers. Those togs are pre-ruined pointing up that the aggregate IQ in the entire photo-op is maybe 72.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

There is only one really worth-while ice-cream in my humble opinion....The '99' flake.
This is a pressure-extruded creamy vanilla swirl into and atop a cone with a chocolate flake stuck into one side at a rakish angle.

On hot evenings after work I call at a village store and for 2 Euro equip myself with a big one of those. I stride over to my steed, close the door, kick the engine and the aircon keeps the thing from melting. It lasts me all the way home. (5 miles) Delicious!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

crfriend wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:44 am How convenient that there are no claw-marks or scars. We have fakers (as opposed to fakirs) here -- posers. Those togs are pre-ruined pointing up that the aggregate IQ in the entire photo-op is maybe 72.
Carl, I think you may be giving more IQ credit than is actually there my guess would be about 32 with the toddler giving more weight to that score. :lol:

And TOM you are right that cone looks like it would fill my sweet tooth and than some. I want one!!! :toast:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Tom, Mr Whippy travelling around in his ice cream van ( whatever happened to him, I wonder? ) made these popular. There must be someone in York that does extruded ice cream but if there is I don't know where.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Sinned wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:27 pm Tom, Mr Whippy travelling around in his ice cream van ( whatever happened to him, I wonder? ) made these popular. There must be someone in York that does extruded ice cream but if there is I don't know where.
We call it "soft ice cream" here in the US. And yes, you can get it here. Maybe not with the hunk of chocolate sticking out of the side...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dust, the Flake is what makes it the "99" and is iconic. The only point of contention is when you eat the chocolate - as you go on, extract it and eat it at the start or at the end. Opinions may vary. An ice cream cone without a flake - it's like fish 'n' chips without salt 'n' vinegar, a hot dog without sauce and mustard!!!! Unthinkable.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Dennis,
The '99' is way out in front the most popular ice cream here and outlets are all over the place. Eur 2 is what I'm prepared to pay here. Several local places charge 2.20 or 2.50. Too much. Last year on a hot day traveling down to Arklow on the E. coast, MOH & I stopped for one at a roadhouse. To our surprise they only wanted Eur 1.70 each. I remember the car therm. said 29.5 degrees C., so they were just the ticket.

I'd agree, one without a flake would be like Space Travel without Richard Branson !

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Can you get to flavors other than vanilla? Chocolate soft ice cream is a thing, as is a mix of the two, often called "twist." Occasionally you find other flavors like strawberry...
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Sinned wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:11 am Dust, the Flake is what makes it the "99" and is iconic. The only point of contention is when you eat the chocolate - as you go on, extract it and eat it at the start or at the end. Opinions may vary. An ice cream cone without a flake - it's like fish 'n' chips without salt 'n' vinegar, a hot dog without sauce and mustard!!!! Unthinkable.
Fried fish here sometimes comes with vinegar, but tartar sauce is probably more common. Shrimp will often get cocktail sauce, regardless of whether it's breaded and fried or not. Unless they're seasoned in a boil like crawfish or crabs. Then you just peel and eat.

What sauce do you put on hotdogs with mustard? Here it's ketchup, or if you are going fancy, chili or sauerkraut. I've also seen hotdogs topped with fried egg, avocado, and hot sauce... So good.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

On another note:
index.jpg
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Dust, vanilla is the only option for a "99". I believe strawberry was experimented with at one stage but vanilla is the one.

For hot dogs over here tmato ketchup sure, some people don't like mustard and it has to be English mustard.

For fish 'n' chips it's salt & malted vinegar although lemon juice is an acceptable alternative. Tomato ketchup for the chips. I have family members who use mayo for the chips as well. Not for me, not a fan of mayo, salad cream any day.