Coffee at the café.

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Coffee at the café.

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JeffB1959 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:53 pm I like the aroma of coffee, but not the taste. My thing is tea which I've loved ever since I was a kid.
My mother was a tea drinker as was my father, he also loved coffee but seldom drank it at home. We always had tea to drink Iced in summer and hot in winter.
Wen my mother made iced tea she would not put sugar in the jug with the tea we had to sweeten it to our liking. Now I make iced tea with sugar in the jug as I am the only one drinking it and I don't like it too sweet. I seldom put lemon in my tea except at restaurants. I drink about a gallon of iced tea about every 2 days. In winter I still drink about a quart and a half in 2 days but add about 8 cups of hot tea to that.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:24 pm
JeffB1959 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:53 pm I like the aroma of coffee, but not the taste. My thing is tea which I've loved ever since I was a kid.
My mother was a tea drinker as was my father, he also loved coffee but seldom drank it at home. We always had tea to drink Iced in summer and hot in winter.
Wen my mother made iced tea she would not put sugar in the jug with the tea we had to sweeten it to our liking. Now I make iced tea with sugar in the jug as I am the only one drinking it and I don't like it too sweet. I seldom put lemon in my tea except at restaurants. I drink about a gallon of iced tea about every 2 days. In winter I still drink about a quart and a half in 2 days but add about 8 cups of hot tea to that.
I buy iced tea mix (Lipton's), make a gallon worth of the stuff and it goes down real good during those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer! :D
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

JeffB1959 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:55 am I buy iced tea mix (Lipton's), make a gallon worth of the stuff and it goes down real good during those lazy, hazy, crazy days of summer! :D
I have never liked the instant iced tea mix. It tasted like some of the things I mixed up with my Gilbert Chemistry Set. One of the instant things I did like was Kool Aid root beer mix. Now that was very good poured over ice and drank iceey cold. :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

A co-worker once told me that coffee flavored ice cream was to die for, but, I was skeptical. Anyone here ever tried that?
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

JeffB1959 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:32 pm A co-worker once told me that coffee flavored ice cream was to die for, but,
I was skeptical. Anyone here ever tried that?
LOVE IT!
Add it to a scoop of Mocha, with Almonds :!: :D

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

It really is fantastic.. I usually enjoy it with a little chocolate syrup and marshmallow fluff.
But I caution you to only buy the better brands as some only use coffee flavor not real coffee in making it..
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I don't drink coffee. I like the smell, but just never acquired a taste for it. I do like tea though. As was mentioned in another thread, Earl Grey for when I'm in the mood for hot tea. But in my refrigerator you will ALWAYS find a pitcher of sweet tea. Growing up, and throughout my entire life, sweet iced tea has always been a primary staple.

When I visit friends and family, I always enjoy being offered some sweet tea. I consider myself somewhat a "connoisseur of sweet southern tea", and I have tasted some good teas over the years, especially at family reunions and church gatherings. I rate my tea "average", it's not the best in the world, but it ain't half bad either. It'd probably taste better if I used quality tea bags like Lipton, but I'm too cheap for that and generally go with whatever is cheapest.

I admit to being a little disappointed when someone offers me some sweet tea, only to bring out something in a bottle... :( No.... I'm not a fan of that stuff the bottle with high fructose corn syrup, if I wanted that, I'd just get a soda.

In some of these school kitchens I work in, the lunch ladies may offer me something to eat with some tea. I have to say, "lunch lady tea" has got to be some of the sweetest tea I've ever tasted. Though I did get a hook up of some sweet tea at a nursing home once, that stuff was so sweet you could just about pour it over pancakes. Now I don't like it that sweet. Some people are aware their tea is too sweet for certain people and when they offer a glass they ask if I want it 50/50 sweet/unsweet mixture. I usually take a sip of their sweet and make the decision.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.