Food for Thought

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Uncle Al

Food for Thought

Post by Uncle Al »

This says quite a bit about - - - - EVERYTHING :!:
Difference between a Master and a Beginner JPG 2021-04-07.jpg
This applies to everyone.

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Food for Thought

Post by Fred in Skirts »

So true, so true!
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

But that flies in the face of another great Yodaism: "There is no try. Only do."

In general. however, the sentiment holds true, and holds to the fire the notion that those who go through life in fear will never master things, Sometimes we simply need to "suck it up" and approach life fearlessly and let the chips fall where they may, for if we live in perpetual fear we will not live at all.

If one is to try something new, then the occasional failure is inevitable; the brave persist -- and push the boundaries. The timid shrink back and are forgotten. Be one of the brave; dare to push boundaries in whatever you do. You will be remembered that way -- fondly, if you're fortunate. But only back down from a challenge is you know -- absolutely -- that you are not up to it at the moment, and then try again when you are.

On the topic of Yoda, I'm kind of drawn to the character. He reminds me of postfix notation. This will be immediately recognisable to anyone who has ever used an HP calculator
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

“Do, or do not. There is no try”.

Sorry, Carl - I had to put the correct quote in!
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

crfriend wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:07 am On the topic of Yoda, I'm kind of drawn to the character. He reminds me of postfix notation. This will be immediately recognisable to anyone who has ever used an HP calculator
Yes, I still use it on my phone, realcalc 48G simulator, I have always known it as RPN (Reverse Polish Notation).
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia