Easter

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Easter

Post by denimini »

I was going to post this reply in another thread but thought better of it.

I am sorry that I don't have the patience to listen to origins of dogma but I feel compelled to make an off topic comment:
STEVIE wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:52 am Would it now be appropriate for me to wish you a happy and healthy Easter?
I am not sure if it ever was appropriate, considering the history of the original main actor.
I am not religious but I feel that nothing has changed regarding those who threaten the rich and powerful. Jamal Khashoggi being just one of recent examples.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Easter

Post by Kirbstone »

Too right, Denimini. Looking in another direction, Mexico, where real power lies in the hands of the drug barons and the elected government authorities are powerless to do anything about it. The ongoing litany of murders and non-disposal of remains beggars belief.

Traditionally we have spent Easter at our Kerry bolthole this last 40-odd years and this is now the second successive Easter spent locked down at home.
I used to thump Church Organ on Easter Day at two different venues, but all that is now in the past and Easter will be a non-event this year. All very sad.
There is a lovely film 'Easter Parade' with Fred Astaire, viewing which would still gladden most peoples' hearts.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Easter has never been a holiday I knew a lot about. As a child, the resurrection story was hard to wrap my mind around, and as I got older and the easter baskets and candy eggs faded into childhood, I can easily forget about it.

I didn't even realize it was this Sunday until I heard a customer mention it.

I feel a little better that apparently my mother also forgot Easter was this Sunday... and she's and full blown church goer Christian.

Well... I'm just glad it's about to warm up for good...

My favorite part of Easter... May is just around the corner, and May is my favorite month of the year... it's the longest possible time before more cold.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I had forgotten about it's earlier pagan origins. So yes in that case it is a time to celebrate, the end of winter for most and for some here where I live; celebrating the end of summer would you believe.
Gobble up all those left over winter food stores :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

denimini wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:48 am I had forgotten about it's earlier pagan origins. So yes in that case it is a time to celebrate, the end of winter for most and for some here where I live; celebrating the end of summer would you believe.
On that basis I will wish you a happy and healthy whatever you wish to call it.
Steve